Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Was talking with a good friend of mine that is pretty knowledgeable with airboats. From what he explained to me that boat has less than half the power it needs to be reliable on the ice. If it's smooth ice it would be fine but if you have any depth of snow it will have issues. Just saying in case someone was going to buy it. Do some research first.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Those skinny bow ornaments are ok, but I prefer winter Michigan gals, they can clean fish and braid their leg hair at the same time !

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It is underpowered. I was just going through all the weight that boat has in it with the 1/4 inch plate. That lycoming is out of a Cessna. Power to weight ratio isn't good. I was warned of the lycoming powered boats years ago when I first started kicking the idea around myself.

I still want to build one with a livernois tuned 3.5 liter ecoboost out of an F-150. Twin turbo putting out over 450hp at the prop that weighs nothing compared to a big block chevy boat!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey Ice Scratcher, on a side note I was watching walleye icefishing instructional videos on Youtube. Lo-n-behold in the background, here comes a boat tooling across the ice. I laughed thinking to myself, I bet I know who that is! The guy making the video was dumbfounded...lol. The video must've been from Lk. Erie last year.

·
Registered
555 Posts
prolly from this year I seen a guy last monday hauling what looked like a 16 ft v bottom on a trailer with a quad and a couple of people ridding in it nearly fell off my bucket in disbelief. :dizzy: The other guy I was fishing with when I yelled over to his shanty to tell him to look his responce I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE !!!!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
prolly from this year I seen a guy last monday hauling what looked like a 16 ft v bottom on a trailer with a quad and a couple of people ridding in it nearly fell off my bucket in disbelief. :dizzy: The other guy I was fishing with when I yelled over to his shanty to tell him to look his responce I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE !!!!!!!
Haven't you seen Ice Scratcher's rig? It's not a boat on a trailer. Maybe he will post a vid.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I take a ride in that thing......lol still cool watching it after last year
It might see BB this season if things get better.. I'll holler at ya.. I can always use another person, it takes two guys to get it on and off the trailer...

<*)))>{

1 - 20 of 29 Posts