Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am wanting to get started in trapping I used to do it with my father when I was a child but as my dad got older he hasnt been able to go out. What do I need to get started and how much do you think it will all cost me. I planned on trying for coons and possums. And whatever else I can get in the trap. ALso I was wonderin what is getting good trade value these days? If you guys could help me out that would be great. Also is there a license or certain season that i would have to be aware of. Thanks

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a few to get started. I guess 4-8 of them. Until I learn more about it. Also what are the links to them organizations?

·
Registered
673 Posts
i have been doing alot of reading and some learning about trapping the last couple of years now. i havent started yet and dont know if i will. i just love hearing the trapping stories and seeing the pics of the animals.
if it was me right now and i wanted to start i think i would target coyote and fox actually. they will get you a little bit more if you sell them. and there are tons of coyotes around that a lot of people dont want around so getting permission to trap them might a little bit easier. :D

here is another website with a forum that can teach you alot.
www.trapperman.com

have fun and good luck, dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts