Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
We are practically neighbors, wondering what issue you've had that warrants putting a trail cam on your garage?
I love watching deer run through my yard so I have 3 up... Lol.... my wife says I'm crazy. Anyway, when I saw this beast standing there last night....and my wife was rolling her eyes when I came in and said "I know it can't be a wolf....but if we weren't in the LP, I'd bet money there was a big-*** wolf trying to get at my deer in the garage just now." So, as any good husband does, who isn't believed by his wife about the near death experience he just had, I moved one of those cameras to my garage hoping he'd come back (and to prove her wrong)!

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
I dont think so... a few of us would have said dog even if it was from the wolf enclosure at the zoo.
You are exactly right Doesnt have anything to do with where it was spotted. A dogs a dog and a wolf or coyote is a wolf or coyote.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
100% real....from the Plymouth/Northville border last night.
I only say that as in my opinion as clear as that is a garage door in the pic is also the presence of a dog. Just go out with some bacon. He will be your friend for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Coywolf?

Only way to know for sure is to trap the SOB! That's too close to home!

Every pic has a pair of dots in the dark background also, but they look to be still. Am I the only one seeing that?

·
Registered
20,798 Posts
Coywolf?

Only way to know for sure is to trap the SOB! That's too close to home!

Every pic has a pair of dots in the dark background also, but they look to be still. Am I the only one seeing that?
Where those dots are seem tight to the house or structure.
Daylight picture , camera angle changed to not be able to see to the left of the shepherd's hook (for plant hanging , not the shepherd mix canine) about a foot and roughly level with the foreground trash can's lid where dots seem to be (for my eyes anyways.).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Also looks like it might have a collar on in some of the pics. There is a definite crease in the animal's fur lower than you would expect a collar to be, but it is likely covered by the dog's coat.
Good catch. That's a typical crease in the fur from a previously collared wolf. How did the wolf end up in Plymouth? What happened to the tracking collar?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I think if it was a wolf chances are it wouldn’t be hanging out by itself. It’s a dog.

It does look like one you don’t want to mess with. I’d alert animal control, leave my trail cam up (on video mode) and I’d think about calling a trapper to try to work out some way to apprehend that dude.

41 - 60 of 135 Posts