Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,406 Posts
Short rounded ears sure resemble a wolf more so than a German Shepherd.
I think it's a domestic dog most likely a GSD or mix with that breed. The ears being high up on the head give it away. But at the same time it appears tall for a GSD and it has a white chest patch like is often seen on melanistic grey wolves. Which we know comes from domestic dog genes.

·
Registered
11,952 Posts
Those are domestic trees...
I see a strutter sideways on right another quartered on left inside a turkey fan

·
41,386 Posts
Also looks like it might have a collar on in some of the pics. There is a definite crease in the animal's fur lower than you would expect a collar to be, but it is likely covered by the dog's coat.
I see that too. Looks like at the base of the neck but very hard to tell. Would be weird collar placement.

·
Registered
11,952 Posts
So here we have a guy that posts a picture of a specimen that is clearly a wolf... He's met with no dog, nah maybe a cross between a dog and a wolf clearly not full bred wolf... If he a posted "man the wolves in the U.P are
not scared of humans anymore look how close he is to my house" He'd be met with "SOS", "We need a season" "kill em"

This is not just with wolves but Cougars... How many times have we seen a post "is this a cougar" Immediately where at? Well (LP County"
Well then can't be...
No tabby for sure...
I see a spot, Bobcat
etc

Heck we had a bonafide BigFeet researcher on here that knew alot about BigFeet, knew he existed in Michigan..

Dont see him on here anymore.. Why, he was ridiculed.. Despite proof of BigFeet roaming Michigan.. He was met by resistance of members saying there was no SamSquatch in Michigan..

Instead of helping the guy find areas where BigFeet could be and possibly raising LittleFeet he was ran off the forum

I guess we members have to be more open minded.. Just because you haven't seen Wolves, Cougars in the lower or a SamSquatch in your time in the woods, doesn't mean it doesn't happen or doesn't exist.

·
Registered
13,855 Posts
So here we have a guy that posts a picture of a specimen that is clearly a wolf... He's met with no dog, nah maybe a cross between a dog and a wolf clearly not full bred wolf... If he a posted "man the wolves in the U.P are
not scared of humans anymore look how close he is to my house" He'd be met with "SOS", "We need a season" "kill em"

This is not just with wolves but Cougars... How many times have we seen a post "is this a cougar" Immediately where at? Well (LP County"
Well then can't be...
No tabby for sure...
I see a spot, Bobcat
etc

Heck we had a bonafide BigFeet researcher on here that knew alot about BigFeet, knew he existed in Michigan..

Dont see him on here anymore.. Why, he was ridiculed.. Despite proof of BigFeet roaming Michigan.. He was met by resistance of members saying there was no SamSquatch in Michigan..

Instead of helping the guy find areas where BigFeet could be and possibly raising LittleFeet he was ran off the forum

I guess we members have to be more open minded.. Just because you haven't seen Wolves, Cougars in the lower or a SamSquatch in your time in the woods, doesn't mean it doesn't happen or doesn't exist.
Bonafide bigfeet researcher.... thats just damn funny..

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Just a big black dog. It’s obvious that it doesn’t have any “fur”, just dog hair and it doesn’t have the grotzen that wild canines are noted to have.

Reactions: sureshot006

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I thought there was an established pack in the NLP?

Yeah. That looks like a wolf cross of some sort. Probably shepherd as mentioned above.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,726 Posts
I would call Plymouth Animal Control and ask :

L & O

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I agree it looks like a dog more than a wolf. But it’s a damn big dog. It would have spooked me too if it came up to me in the dark.

My lab I put down this summer was 125 pounds and when I stood with my arms at my sides my palm would lay at his back. Some dogs are just huge.

·
Premium Member
12,386 Posts
21 - 40 of 135 Posts