Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would be chilled by now, but the news I read this morning has my hackles up again. We missed passage of the dove bill by ONE VOTE. Reading the coverage in the Free Press, the statements by some of our senators who voted against the bill display toal ignorance bordering on stupidity. One had the nerve to say, "You great white hunters aren't going to come into my back yard and shoot my doves." Excuse me! Whose doves!?!? Read the article on the www.freep.com site and share your thoughts on how we can get organized enough to make this happen next year. The sponsoring senator says she isn't giving up the fight. We shouldn't either.

Good hunting,
Byron

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Yeah.......

...... but at least we FINALLY got our CCW bill passed!

I guess the old addage that, "You win some, and you lose some" still applies.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Man we should get together like 800 emails to send him so he'll know how big he screwed up by making that comment!
If he is really a hunter why would he make such a lame comment like that? It makes every hunter seem stupid and it really upsets me.
Anyway I'm watching 6 doves on my bird feeder and two on my neighbors feeder right now! I must not be a great white hunter because I have no urge to go slaughter them. I see a rabbit too. still no urge to make the kill...None at all....Go figure!

·
Administrator
17,598 Posts
Well, now we all have a better understanding of what is is like to be Al Gore ;) <----<<<

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Eastern Yooper:

NOT SO -- at least not according to Rep. Cameron Brown at 3:15 this afternoon. He stated it's gone to Gov. Engler's desk for signing.

PLEASE -- SEE MY POSTING UNDER 'IS IT TRUELY LAW????' in this forum for more details.

ss

1 - 7 of 7 Posts