Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Natural Resources Commission stressed that it is EXTREMELY URGENT AND IMPORTANT that ALL who enjoy hunting/fishing in Michigan PLEASE write/call/e-mail your Representatives and the Legslators to voice your opinion on the upcomming liscense fee package that will soon be voted on. They urged that we vote to pass the currently written package but also said if you are opposed voice your opinion also. You can view the current liscense fee package at www.mi.gov/dnr. If the package fails then this year alone the DNR will be forced to lay off 92 employees and many more in the years to come. Thank you.:)
__________________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,806 Posts
I am for it, but I thought they said it will pass with no problems.
E mail will be sent anyway.
Thanks for the effort you are putting in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
I will not sign untill funding in equal proportioins is received from the general fund or other non-hunting interests. Remember that although you may not hunt or fish you still reap the benifits of a clean well maintained enviroment. It's called fresh air and water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,786 Posts
I have already written my rep. I am all for an increase but as some of you had mentioned why must just the Hunters and Fishersmen have to bare the burden of $30 million. Why not raise all the fees that help the DNR ORV tags, snow mobile tags, Camper ground fees, bridge crossing fees ect. that way hunting and fishing license don't get out rangous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,666 Posts
FixedBlade said:
I will not sign untill funding in equal proportioins is received from the general fund or other non-hunting interests. Remember that although you may not hunt or fish you still reap the benifits of a clean well maintained enviroment. It's called fresh air and water.
I agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,806 Posts
fulldraw said:
I have already written my rep. I am all for an increase but as some of you had mentioned why must just the Hunters and Fishersmen have to bare the burden of $30 million. Why not raise all the fees that help the DNR ORV tags, snow mobile tags, Camper ground fees, bridge crossing fees ect. that way hunting and fishing license don't get out rangous.
Good point!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,251 Posts
3006 said:
They should raise the fee to $10 per car for crossing the Big Mac during the summer.
WHY??


I agree that they should share the burden. Raise snowmobiling and ORV licenses also. Make it more fair to all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,148 Posts
I just heard that the DNR is putting $100,000.00 into the stnking wave pool in Saginaw. Does that come out of the license monies too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,511 Posts
The DNR is also kicking in $151,636 to pave the biking/hiking trail from Russell road to 22 mile road. How can they possibly pay this when they are running out of money?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,110 Posts
3006 said:
They should raise the fee to $10 per car for crossing the Big Mac during the summer.
What would that do. The money you pay to cross the Mighty Mac, goes to the Mackinac Bridge Authority. Has nothing to do with money going to the DNR. All that toll money goes to keep the bridge maintained.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,813 Posts
that pay increase thats coming on your hunting and fishing fees, thats how!!!!
do you know of any biker or trail fee, horse trail fee and user fee? i don't, so if you do please post it here so we can all see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,247 Posts
FixedBlade said:
I will not sign untill funding in equal proportioins is received from the general fund or other non-hunting interests. Remember that although you may not hunt or fish you still reap the benifits of a clean well maintained enviroment. It's called fresh air and water.
While I agree that the way the DNR is funded needs to be changed, I will still sign for this increase because it is way passed due and if it doesn't pass our natural resources will be in more jeopardy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,043 Posts
DANIEL MARK ZAPOLSKI said:
that pay increase thats coming on your hunting and fishing fees, thats how!!!!
do you know of any biker or trail fee, horse trail fee and user fee? i don't, so if you do please post it here so we can all see it.
No, it doesn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
I think we who hunt, fish, trap should and will take the lead on this. Has to do with the passion we have for our sport. Having said that, this State needs to realize our natural resources are the responsibility of every citizen. The State legislature certainly needs to move it up the priority list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
While its a given that the increases in license fees are needed, its also time that other users of state owned lands should be sharing in the burden as they certainly share in the benefits.
It shouldn't hurt anyone too much to pay for an annual usage permit which would cost around $10.00
Anyone using state owned lands should be required to purchase one and that includes bikers, hikers,mushroom pickers, bird watchers or whatever else. This would be very simple to implement and the rules should be simple as well.
Either purchase a hunting license, fishing license or annual access license in addition to the existing motor vehicle permits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
Justin said:
The DNR is also kicking in $151,636 to pave the biking/hiking trail from Russell road to 22 mile road. How can they possibly pay this when they are running out of money?
Fred meijer grant. thats why its gonna be called the fred meijer white pine trail
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top