Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added an I Pilot link to my boat, hooking together a Power Drive V2 and Humminbird 788 DI HD Combo with Lakemaster chart. I have updated to the latest software (great customer service from HBird), everything seems to connect fine. If I try to follow a contour through the Hbird, it shows the path, starts to follow, after about 10 seconds I get an error message and then nothing. Same thing happens if I try to go to a saved waypoint - heads toward it for a few seconds, then seems to disconnect. The other issue is loss of GPS, based on the icon on the remote. It will show 4 bars, go completely blank, then back to 4 bars, while the HBird GPS doesn't miss a beat. Middle of lake, no obstruction to the head of the I pilot or between the trolling motor and the remote. Minnkota customer services said the problems are related to a power loss to the trolling motor due to a wiring issue. I've checked and rechecked all the wiring and battery connections, and can't find anything that seems wrong. I used the V2 for a year with a CoPilot setup and it never missed a beat. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions appreciated.

I can't remember the exact error message, last tried it a couple weeks ago and haven't been back on the water since.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had a similar issue with mine and found that the positive terminal on one of the batteries was loose. The dealer forgot to tighten. Sounds like you might checked that already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts