Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys the person I have been getting my birds from will not be coming up till after Chrismas So I need to find a place to get some birds from to hold me over till then

does any one know where I can buy birds form I need Quail Bobs or Red and maybe some chuckers

thanks scott

·
Registered
367 Posts
Might be too far for you but you might try calling Larry Cross, owner of Restoration Game Farm in Ida. They have great quail but suspect their long out. I'd guess they have either chuckers or pheasants though. Let me know if you can't find the phone number as I have it somewhere.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tailcrackin said:
got a boy that has 400 bobs over here in Kentucky, bout 1 1/2 south of cinn. if not to far can get it set up. Thanks Jonesy 859-985-2918

way to far thanks tho

scott

·
Registered
295 Posts
There is a guy by Detroit Metro that has a fair number of Reds and Bobs. If you want his number, let me know. He is charging 4 a bird. I trained this last weekend and all but one bird flew really well (15 total birds).

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys I am going to get some birds from our very own bear creek I am going over there any way for a hunt this weekend so it will be simple and easy

thanks to every one for the details

scott

·
Registered
180 Posts
Havent hunted with anyone from the site yet, maybe we should get a hunt in together sometime or even some dog training

see in your pics you got some birds. maybe we could get together i'm looking to build something to hold birds as we speak.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The guy by Detroit metro is Sam and you can reach his cell phone (734 552 0374). His quail are 4 bucks (mature) and he has pheasants for 10 bucks. Have fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts