Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
my name is jesse i just recently moved to whitmore lake and am looking for someone who knows the lake to fish with. i live for fishing!! i came from huron county and my house was on lake huron and i did a lot and i mean everyday lol of fishing. i love ice fishing the most so i guess anyone who's looking for someone to keep them company e-mail me at [email protected]!! you have no idea how much i would appreciate it!! thanks to anyone who replys

fish on guys
jesse

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I have fished Whitmore since 1976 but the lake has changed a lot since then...No longer are there limits of 8-10" gills, but the crappie fishing is excellent when they decide they wanna be where they should be...

When ice fishing, fish out from the public access. For crappies, fish during lowlight conditions in the weedbeds right in front, for walleyes, fish around the 18-30 foot drop also during lowlight...Rich P. also lives right by the lake and can give you some info...For more specific info, send me a PM...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i live in the harbor cove apartments and have that private access area out front so i was hoping to keep my icehut out there so i can keep an eye on it but dont have to bring it in every night so any info on that spot by the church??

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
whitmorelakeicefisher said:
i live in the harbor cove apartments and have that private access area out front so i was hoping to keep my icehut out there so i can keep an eye on it but dont have to bring it in every night so any info on that spot by the church??
Sent you a PM, I'll leave my phone # on a more elaborate PM tomorrow night...My bed is calling me... :eek:

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
Hi Jesse,

Welcome to the site from your neighbor 2 miles to the south.

Regrettably, I'm afraid I have no info to offer for that particular part of the lake. I did catch a few decent size bass down on the south end this summer (not that that's any help to you :) ). I have only icefished the vicinity near the launch that Connor references above and with mixed results at that. Hopefully he will be able to offer you some good advice for the south end.

That said, if at any point in the season you're looking to branch out to any of the many smaller lakes near within a few miles of your locale shoot me over a PM and I can share some info about a few locations that have been much more fruitful for me than our town's namesake lake...

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts