Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toll a little stroll in the drizzle and it sure paid off today . Caught a limit of nice fish with a hand full of jumbo's in the mix. Watching an old Joe Balog video helped out . He was talking about using a #3 Jigging Rapala for big fish . I was sight fishing in 5 FOW and pulling the rap away from too many fish to count. The big fish would slam it after i pulled it back from the 6-7 inch fish. I saw a few that were between 10 and 13 inches and one that was huge. There were plenty of shad too. The perch would come through right during the shad run. It was crazy, especially after 4 p.m.
Best day in quite a while Tree Wood Twig Snow Freezing

Fish Ray-finned fish Marine biology Snow Tail

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it wasn't for my frabill flip , I-4 suit, and heat , i might not have stayed .
40 Degrees was still plenty cold with wet hands all day.
I stared down the hole so long , I could barely get up.
Well worth it. I dream of days like this.

· Registered
8,843 Posts
If it wasn't for my frabill flip , I-4 suit, and heat , i might not have stayed .
40 Degrees was still plenty cold with wet hands all day.
I stared down the hole so long , I could barely get up.
Well worth it. I dream of days like this.
"Shanty Back" can get ya good sometimes!!!!!

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Singing just singing in the rain. I hit it very early and wined all night at work about my back but the pics (& fish) took almost all the pain away. Jig rap & pink Swedish pimple. Frabill drying off as we speak. 12's, 10's, you know it's going good when the 8's look small.
Food Seafood Fish Ingredient Cuisine
Food Seafood Ingredient Cuisine Fish

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went back out this afternoon and more of the same.
I had a revelation about using a fire tiger rap because of the big perch in a jumbo's belly. It paid off even though I have never caught fish on it before. Could not keep the fish away although there were lot of small ones. I had to keep them off and wade through until a larger one would hit. No real huge ones although the overall catch size was better. Almost all I am keeping are females. All the fish i kept were 8-9 inches. Crappy bucket picture, but you see what i mean.
Food Ingredient Staple food Seafood Fish

· Registered
3,275 Posts
I went back out this afternoon and more of the same.
I had a revelation about using a fire tiger rap because of the big perch in a jumbo's belly. It paid off even though I have never caught fish on it before. Could not keep the fish away although there were lot of small ones. I had to keep them off and wade through until a larger one would hit. No real huge ones although the overall catch size was better. Almost all I am keeping are females. All the fish i kept were 8-9 inches. Crappy bucket picture, but you see what i mean.
View attachment 290884
Nice work Double!! Keep it up!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.