Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

I joined the Garmin family today!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ETW 
#1 ·
Cabelas/BassPro had their spring sale that started today. I have had my eye on a new graph, more so a Garmin unit. I purchased the Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv UHD, w/ US LakeVu mapping, and GT54 transducer. Was $450 off, so I couldn't resist. I'll get some pics up soon after I get install done. Can't wait!!! My previous unit was a Raymarine DragonFly, last year it started losing bottom readings every 15 minutes or so. It was past time to upgrade.

#5 ·
I’m adding one to my boat this year too! View attachment 756914
I'm eyeing that FishHawk with envy, John.

My boat came with a Garmin 93SV (the older non UHD version) and a Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp. I seem to prefer the Garmin stuff but its hard for me not to wonder about the Humminbird gear. I figure these Big 3 all pretty much do the same things.

Congrats, UBDSLO1 on the new electronics. Hope it does the job for you.

#7 ·
Before you switch your Garmin's go to west marine and push buttons on units of interest I have a garmin 64cv the lake charts are awesome downfall no inland lakes
I mostly fish with the chart shows structure well
Believe me, Dennis. I'm not really in a hurry to pony up more money on anything right now. I shot my last (hopefully for a little while anyway) wad the other day on a used I Pilot Link upgrade for my Terrova and I get to put it through its paces for the first time today out on Lobdell Lake in Linden. I did test it after installing it the other day in the driveway but that's about it. This is the only reason I was looking at Birds for the features that are specific to the Link such as Contour Following and maybe some of the Track functions but I really don't know if I'd use any of those enough to justify the cost. I like the idea of having a dedicated Chartplotter next to my sonar. Multiple little screen combos on my 93SV are not all that friendly to my 58 year old eyes on a bouncing boat. The charts on my 93SV seem great so maybe I just wait a few more months and see what I can find in a used 73SV for charting.

I mainly just wanted Spot Lock and Autopilot since my Terrova only came with the footpedal. I could not find any of the old Legacy I Pilot modules anywhere so I was forced to scrounge up the used I Pilot Link off FBM and consider myself fortunate to find that.

Thanks for the tip though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.