Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that Knight is going out of business or is out of business. So now i am forced to settle for the TC Omaga muzzleloader. I want to get a knight with a 209 shotgun primer. My brother has a TC and my old knight out shoots his new TC. I can take my Knight with the percussion cap and kill deer out to 220 to 250 with ease if not drop them in there tracks. So is the TC as good as my Knight. For it looks like i am going to be forced to buy a TC Omaga. So how is it for nock down power and long range shots. For my knight if the deer is 150 or less it will drop the deer where they stand. Can the TC Omega do the same? Would it be a major change in accuracy and distance than the Knight? Any info would be greatly apprecaited.

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
if your old knight shoots so good then why do you need a new one?

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My knight shoots awsome still. But i need to have two of them. Plus i want to upgrade to the 209 shotgun primer. For then i wouldnt have to take as much precuassion as i do to my old knight. For i can take the 209 out in the rain and dont have to ducktape the breach like i do my old knight. Or does any one know where i can buy a knight 209 or is the TC Omega as good as the knight.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Natchez shooter supply still has several models still in stock but they are the higher dollar models but if you are determined I would get one. Where I am we use rifles except in the regular muzzleloader season, but a good friend who lives in Ionia county has an Omega and I have personally seen this rifle shoot under 3 inch groups on calm days on my 200 yard range pretty hard to beat if yo ask me.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
by a Gamo:evil:

·
Registered
646 Posts
I can take my Knight with the percussion cap and kill deer out to 220 to 250 with ease if not drop them in there tracks.

Somebody better call Guiness.
250 might be stretching it, but I called TC yesterday before i went to the range and they said just account for 8 inches of bullet drop with three pellets and whatever you point at is down. I went out yesterday and i put 5 shots in 6 inches at 200 yds. just do the quick windage math and youre dead on.

Pat

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
250 might be stretching it, but I called TC yesterday before i went to the range and they said just account for 8 inches of bullet drop with three pellets and whatever you point at is down. I went out yesterday and i put 5 shots in 6 inches at 200 yds. just do the quick windage math and youre dead on.

Pat
Oh, 250 is doable provided you are using the correct stuff. A percussion cap just flat ain't going to cut it at that range. Sure, you may be able to hit the target, but there would be so little energy left you may as well throw a rock. Like I said, the OP should call if he is actually getting the results he spoke of, which I truly doubt.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I beleive they make conversion kits for the mk-85, if thats what you have. They used to be in Cabelas for around 50 bucks. You might be able to find them still. Good luck, but if its a shooter I would do everything I could to waterproof it and keep using it. Just looked, yes they still have them, $62.99 look in black powder accesories the are for several different models.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
I heard that Knight is going out of business or is out of business. So now i am forced to settle for the TC Omaga muzzleloader. I want to get a knight with a 209 shotgun primer. My brother has a TC and my old knight out shoots his new TC. I can take my Knight with the percussion cap and kill deer out to 220 to 250 with ease if not drop them in there tracks. So is the TC as good as my Knight. For it looks like i am going to be forced to buy a TC Omaga. So how is it for nock down power and long range shots. For my knight if the deer is 150 or less it will drop the deer where they stand. Can the TC Omega do the same? Would it be a major change in accuracy and distance than the Knight? Any info would be greatly apprecaited.
I wouldn't really consider it settling. Knight hasn't introduced a good muzzleloader since the bolt action designed guns a decade ago. Lots of failures since. The Omega arguably single handly killed Knight rifles. As for knockdown power, thanks for the laugh. I'll give you a hint. You can use the same bullets and the same powder charges you used in your Knight......needless to say "knock down" power will not be a concern. Btw, "knock down power" (a fallousy really, but we'll go with it for this discussion) has more to do with your powder charge and bullet choice far more than Knight or TC.

There are lots of other guns out there besides the Omega as well, by T/C and others.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
You can get several versions of the Knight Disc NIB on gunbroker for $180 + shipping. I'd be a little wary of a used M-L, maybe an inspection period required.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
+1 on Sourdough!

If you are concerned about being able to get discs in the future (I'm not), they make a steel adapter that lets you fire a Disc Rifle with just a 209.

I hope Knight will be back when the economy turns around. I used to wonder what the big deal was about Knight rifles. Then I bought one. After shooting and hunting with it, I bought another one.

John

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I reuse them without ill effects. I use new ones when hunting and reuse the fired ones on the range. I even built a little block for removing the primer and reseating a new one.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
I might have to pick one of those up off gunbroker for $180. I liked those guns alot. I already have two inlines but thats a good price on a really good gun.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Hey Swamp, I feel the same way. I have 5 Knights, the older DISC types. I have 2 'extreme' & 3 that take the orange discs. I also have a few 100 of each discs & re-use them after use. My 'go-to' M-L is a Disc that takes the orange plastic discs. I was sighting in just the other day with a buddy doing the same with his Omega. Let's just say I would never trade with him.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Don't worry. Thompson Center makes a great rifle and their customer service is excellent. Instead of investing money in the products of a failed company, you should check out T/C. There is a reason why T/C is still here and Knight is going out. Not knocking Knight, they have good products but I would rather go with a company that is going to be around to provide parts and customer service.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 23 Posts