Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 yo BLM (non-nueterd). I am looking for a Professional Trainer in SE michigan Close to Willow Run Airport to do a Evaluation on my dog. I am seriuosly consaidering sending him out to be trained. I am interested in a solid weekend upland hunter who will also be able to handle thge occasional Duck Hunt. If he has potential I would also consider HT/FT, and if he has good eye's,hip's and elbow's and confirmation i MIGHT entertain the idea of breeding him.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
The first thing your gonna be asked is how much training he has had? Has he been gunned over before?

How does he handle?

Four years old is when most hunting dog's are near there prime.

Next is probably gonna be what blood line or liniage he is out of?

I train beagles and these are usually the first questions I ask.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
Rob

·
Registered
941 Posts
Give Karen Mayo a call. She is in pleasant lake and I believe her kennel's name is GreyAngel Kennels. She raises, trains outstanding Wimerimer(sp) but on her trainning grounds she also works with water dogs and has a pond for just that purpose.
Give pheasants forever a ring, there are plenty of local aa/ypsi fellas there who know local trainners such as Charlie Lindblade of just north of Ann Arbor.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as his Linege? Not sure yet. Waiting on his Papers.

HAndles? Basic OB i think is Good. Needs some work on Stay.

Karen Mayo? You wouldn't happen to have her number you could PM do you?

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I put in the second vote for Charlie Lindblade he is in Whitemore Lake. He also puts on the Wood&Water Dog show you can talk to him there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called all of the numbers I got from you guy's on Monday. Plus I called Pine Hill Kennel's up by Grand Rapids. THey are the only one's to call me back. So i set up an Apt for Sept 7th. THey are going to an Evaluation on him and see what he can and can't be taught to do!

·
Registered
236 Posts
You will be happy with Pine Hill Kennels. They are real nice people and will do your dog a nice job. I know both trainers there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justin is going to a GUndog Evaluation onhim.

One problemthough. They are booked until APRIL!!!..

Oh the madness of last minute decision's!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Justin has trained both of my Brittanies. I'm actually dropping off my younger Britt on the 7th also for a bit more training before Grouse season really kicks in. They really know what they are doing, they aren't booked up 9 months out for nothing!!! Getting your dog trained there in the spring and early summer is really better anyway, because there are less dogs around. Most people wait until just before hunting season to get their training appointments because they want a dog fresh from the trainer. I made my appointment in May to get my Britt in the last two weeks before Grouse season hits.

I really think you'll be more than satisfied with the results

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got depresed thinking of waiting til April to have him Started he is 4 now.
So I sent him to a Place in Indiania. to have him CC' and FF'd.

I TRULY appreciate all of the Response i got from Everyone!!!!!!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts