Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 181 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Yeah, but Canada only has 37 million people, total. I'll bet it'll be tough to get all the folks who live out in the wild inoculated by Sept.
I had conversation with my friend at the Sault yesterday. They are more serious about the lockdown than we are. Damn, they are loyal to their system. My friend says there is not too much bitching about temporarily losing a little freedoms.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
My daughter buys a box of produce once a week from a produce distributor. They deliver it right to her door. The game is always changing.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I had conversation with my friend at the Sault yesterday. They are more serious about the lockdown than we are. Damn, they are loyal to their system. My friend says there is not too much bitching about temporarily losing a little freedoms.
Well bully for them!
I don't get takeout... takeout is silly. If I'm eating at home, it will be something I cooked. Cheaper and heathier.
It was nice back in the day to stop at the bar for a couple beers after work, or take the family out to eat once every couple months. A restaurant is a nice, fun escape sometimes. I haven't been in a restaurant or bar since the masked walk of shame to your seat was implemented.
The state should be spending their time and resources distributing this vaccine to those that want it instead of breaking up speak easys right now.

https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...d-after-complaints-prompt-investigations.html

Kind of embarrassing if you ask me.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Well bully for them!
I don't get takeout... takeout is silly. If I'm eating at home, it will be something I cooked. Cheaper and heathier.
It was nice back in the day to stop at the bar for a couple beers after work, or take the family out to eat once every couple months. A restaurant is a nice, fun escape sometimes. I haven't been in a restaurant or bar since the masked walk of shame to your seat was implemented.
How spending their time and resources distributing this vaccine to those that want it instead of breaking up speak easys right now.

https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...d-after-complaints-prompt-investigations.html

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for opening businesses/restaurants in a prudent way. Masks on except when at the table. Social distancing. The restaurants we regularly attend did do everything that was right.
Because we live in a "you can't tell me what to do" society, a lot of establishments payed little attention or care about abiding by the mandates. No supervision of the clientele, mobs of people congregating.
So, the Governor had to shut everything down because a few establishments refused to abide by the rules.
It's always a few con conformists that muck it up for the majority of abiding facilities.
That's true in just about everything in our society. The minority wreck it for the majority.
I have found that in Canada there are more people that follow the rules than those that do not.

·
Administrator
26,663 Posts
The restaurant and bar scene will be very different when these coronavirus shutdowns finally end. Most of the bad to mediocre will disappear along with some of the good places. Fast food establishments will survive as will the places that have been able to quickly adapt. A lot of this depends on their ability to provide carry outs. Sad to say but many of these restaurants need to close. A lot of places are saturated.
Bars ? Who needs them.

·
Administrator
26,663 Posts
Well bully for them!
The state should be spending their time and resources distributing this vaccine to those that want it instead of breaking up speak easys right now.

No bars---drink at home
No gyms---exercise at home

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for opening businesses/restaurants in a prudent way. Masks on except when at the table. Social distancing. The restaurants we regularly attend did do everything that was right.
Because we live in a "you can't tell me what to do" society, a lot of establishments payed little attention or care about abiding by the mandates. No supervision of the clientele, mobs of people congregating.
So, the Governor had to shut everything down because a few establishments refused to abide by the rules.
It's always a few con conformists that muck it up for the majority of abiding facilities.
That's true in just about everything in our society. The minority wreck it for the majority.
I have found that in Canada there are more people that follow the rules than those that do not.

Hogwash!

Those few could have been fined/or shut down! HAD to shut all of them down is a crock.

·
Premium Member
28,109 Posts
Yeah. I'm wondering more generally. Not just current business but assistance, unemployment, etc. Will as many never return as is thought?
The average small business in the US lasts about 7 years. Bars/restaurants are some of the worst performing in that aspect.

They're also the most commonly started businesses outside the home.

Restaurants are constantly failing, and constantly being replaced by new restaurants that will fail in a couple years. I don't expect that to change a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Why are 10 mile and Jefferson bars open? Pat O'Brien's and the one across the street? Is it because they have outside type areas? just wondering when i see these places open selling booze and food all over the place?

·
Premium Member
28,109 Posts
I probably don't need to bring up the workplace break room analogy again. I mean it's essentially a restaurant even provides food via a vending machine.
Our breakroom is closed.

You can eat in your office if you have one, or leave the building.

161 - 181 of 585 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.