Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 520 of 585 Posts

·
Administrator
26,694 Posts
My air drier furnace combined with dust and dog dander give me morning symptoms of sinus issues.
Time to change the filter again...
I'll bump humidity up again if run times of furnace make it much drier.
No filter on my furnace. Its water baseboard heat.

·
Registered
645 Posts
...but not necessarily at the same time.

I mean - if you have cancer, and you get run over by a car... it's an auto accident death, not a cancer death.

Doesn't matter if that lowers cancer death numbers. It's still an auto accident death.
Agreed.

But, everyday we hear the big number… how many died today… yesterday, 20 Covid deaths… stop everything…. shut-it-down.

And yet… not a single similar acknowledgement that based on averages, 54 also died yesterday in MI from Cancer, and another 67 from Heart Disease.

·
Super Moderator
35,316 Posts
Agreed.

But, everyday we hear the big number… how many died today… yesterday, 20 Covid deaths… stop everything…. shut-it-down.

And yet… not a single similar acknowledgement that based on averages, 54 also died yesterday in MI from Cancer, and another 67 from Heart Disease.
Are those contageous?

And have you not seen the money spent on treatments and the campaigns aimed at cancer or heart disease?

·
Premium Member
28,194 Posts
Agreed.

People die of heart disease and cancer all the time, and cancer and heart disease are not contagious with the average infected person giving it to 5-7 others.

Dog bites man isn't a story. Man bites dog is.

·
Super Moderator
35,316 Posts
Might be. [joking] Seems to be a trend that most people walking out a McDonald's carrying a galloon of coke when I drive by are on the larger side.
So reduce heart disease by shutting down or restricting foods served by restaurants. Kinda like ban on large sodas in other states.

·
Registered
18,284 Posts
So reduce heart disease by shutting down or restricting foods served by restaurants. Kinda like ban on large sodas in other states.
Depends on what folks are eating at home.
It varies.
Heck , I know some who don't do much more than heat crap.
And when Covid alarm created stampedes to stores , frozen pizza and pizza rolls couldn't seem to be kept in stock.
Gave me visions of freezers full. L.o.l.. Guess they'd stack nicely. But what a diet.

·
Super Moderator
35,316 Posts
Depends on what folks are eating at home.
It varies.
Heck , I know some who don't do much more than heat crap.
And when Covid alarm created stampedes to stores , frozen pizza and pizza rolls couldn't seem to be kept in stock.
Gave me visions of freezers full. L.o.l.. Guess they'd stack nicely. But what a diet.
Mmmmm sodium...

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
...but not necessarily at the same time.

I mean - if you have cancer, and you get run over by a car... it's an auto accident death, not a cancer death.

Doesn't matter if that lowers cancer death numbers. It's still an auto accident death.
Almost every day I hear on the news?? That they adjusted the deaths due to a search of the records. I am always suspicious of this. Are they recording it as a covid death because the person had tested positive for covid when in fact cancer was the actuall the cause of death?

·
Super Moderator
35,316 Posts
Almost every day I hear on the news?? That they adjusted the deaths due to a search of the records. I am always suspicious of this. Are they recording it as a covid death because the person had tested positive for covid when in fact cancer was the actuall the cause of death?
Could be in part this....If you go to the CDC website for coronavirus deaths, you'll see the count of deaths (for covid and all other reasons) are updated daily. They also state that the data is mostly complete for dates 8 weeks ago. To put it simply, data lags behind.

·
Premium Member
28,194 Posts
"They"... who are "they"?

1) Death records are filled out by the doctor recording the death.
2) There are often MULTIPLE contributing causes of death

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Talked to my doctor in December and he advised he had 5 end stage cancer deaths that were
recorded as covid. 3 died testing postive and 2 changed on medical review with no covid test.

These were multi year long battles with cancer.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Talked to my doctor in December and he advised he had 5 end stage cancer deaths that were
recorded as covid. 3 died testing postive and 2 changed on medical review with no covid test.

These were multi year long battles with cancer.
Did you ask why he changed the 2 deaths to COVID with no test? Did the doc receive money for recording the 2 deaths as COVID even when they weren’t tested? Did the office your doctor practices at receive money for the 2 non testing COVID deaths. Your doctor said he fudged the #s on 2 COVID deaths, so you trust your doctor still?

501 - 520 of 585 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.