Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 585 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,632 Posts
I hate to give our State credit, mostly because of past restrictions, yet comparing our recent numbers to Florida's... Something is working!

Florida had nearly 15000 new cases yesterday. Having said that if we had that here she'd have us locked up in our basements....LOL

As for restaurants I believe they are over the hump with a light in sight. This last set of PPP loans should carry them over. When offered to me last year I did the numbers and they would have lasted about 90 days of operating expense. Hardly enough for 9 months of diminished business that probably won't see a recovery until the 3rd quarter of this year.

·
Super Moderator
35,201 Posts
I hate to give our State credit, mostly because of past restrictions, yet comparing our recent numbers to Florida's... Something is working!

Florida had nearly 15000 new cases yesterday. Having said that if we had that here she'd have us locked up in our basements....LOL

As for restaurants I believe they are over the hump with a light in sight. This last set of PPP loans should carry them over. When offered to me last year I did the numbers and they would have lasted about 90 days of operating expense. Hardly enough for 9 months of diminished business that probably won't see a recovery until the 3rd quarter of this year.
If we had their cases per population we would "only" be at 7500 -ish.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts

Florida isn’t doing very well right now, and the ~15k cases a day they are seeing are about twice what we peaked at in November. But they also have over twice as many people as Michigan. So right now FL is about on par with where we were a couple months ago.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Florida isn’t doing very well right now, and the ~15k cases a day they are seeing are about twice what we peaked at in November. But they also have over twice as many people as Michigan. So right now FL is about on par with where we were a couple months ago.
Plus the economy is wide open and running, where as for Michigan, not so much.

Actually, the cases per 100k are considerably higher in FL right now, but they’re still lower than 24 other states.
The states that are a mess right now are Arizona and California and a bunch more not far behind.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
My God, can you imagine the drunken mess that would be if it was all full bore by then!? Lmao
Sure would be, excpeccally the cops would be out of shape for the DUI drivers!:hide:

Reactions: jiggin is livin

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I've heard of people not being able to have their spouse with them when they talk to a doctor about their cancer
Yeah... dropped my mom off at chemo today. They won't let me stay there with her while she does her infusion. Kind of figured that would happen. Not that I wanted to sit around the infusion center all day, but it's nice to be there with Mom even if just to make small talk and pass the time.

·
Super Moderator
35,201 Posts
I was just in the most strict place I've seen yet. An eye check up. Couldn't even go in the door without calling first from the parking lot and answering questions. They touched everything for me except I had to handle my own contact lenses.

·
Registered
13,482 Posts
The thing is the numbers are no different in states that have been shut down then states that haven’t. Open everything back up and move on with life. I’m not going to sit home because..........................
You are wrong about that, and should stop spewing nonsense. Here is a map of active covid cases in the US, from today. Sure southern CA is a hotspot, but most of the places that aren't dark red, have restrictions in place.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

You're not going to sit at home, either because you don't care about anyone else, or you aren't smart enough to pay attention to Virologists/Experts. Which is it?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
No kidding, from some of the conversations I have witnessed here I have 0 doubt someone will report them. They will probably come back here to gloat about it and the rest of the loyalists will cheer them on.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
"XXX # of cases"...!!!
From PCR tests... with questionable (at best) accuracy - while the big pharma rakes in billions $$$.
lol
But according to some avid fishermen on this site, its my fault for taking my kids to see grandma.
Stick to fishin', dude - the blame-game is getting pretty tired.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
This blanket rule for the entire state is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen. I currently live in the U P and follow every night on the news about the number of new cases and deaths for each county here. I hear from the governor that they are following the science Well from the numbers here the entire U P should be open I see that Baraga will not be enforcing this order and have publicly said so. Common sense seems to have gone down the toilet on this one.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You are wrong about that, and should stop spewing nonsense. Here is a map of active covid cases in the US, from today. Sure southern CA is a hotspot, but most of the places that aren't dark red, have restrictions in place.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

You're not going to sit at home, either because you don't care about anyone else, or you aren't smart enough to pay attention to Virologists/Experts. Which is it?
Quit pushing these "you're either this or that" narratives. It doesn't take a moron to see this situation is not nearly as black/white or simple as that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Its not only the ones that are shut down, but also the ones open with a hand around their throat. My experience at the bowling alley was a joke. Felt like a criminal for smuggling a water in since you're not allowed to eat or drink anything while you bowl. Heavily restricted businesses are in the same group as the completely shut down.

·
Super Moderator
35,201 Posts
Its not only the ones that are shut down, but also the ones open with a hand around their throat. My experience at the bowling alley was a joke. Felt like a criminal for smuggling a water in since you're not allowed to eat or drink anything while you bowl. Heavily restricted businesses are in the same group as the completely shut down.
Yeah some businesses aren't as flexible. Personally I don't need to eat or drink to bowl, and I am okay with takeout. Reminds me I should start using those 100 games I bought last January... supposed to have been good for a year but with how things went I'm probably just donating the money.

21 - 40 of 585 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.