Registered
12,510 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Sounds like indoor dining to resume in New York, and Chicago, I hope Gretch does the same. Funny now they say they should open because its bad for the economy to stay closed. Where have we heard that before. Now we need to get the kids back in school sounds like they have been in school since August in Florida and it worked pretty good.
It is hard for a resturant owner to know what to do about reopeining. Do they plan on reopening, buy the supplies they need plus try to find employees only to have whitchmer extend the shut the down AGAIN when this shut down is SUPPOSED to end.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
It is hard for a resturant owner to know what to do about reopeining. Do they plan on reopening, buy the supplies they need plus try to find employees only to have whitchmer extend the shut the down AGAIN when this shut down is SUPPOSED to end.
So tru. Some on here know all the answers as they work for somebody else or some corp. No idea how small business work and whats involved. Restaurant biz is even harder, as stated above. When she does open and close, she gives little time for rest. to organize. BUT when she does open them up, they say the supply won't be enough for a lot of the restaurants to open to their full menu with some having to wait as food supply will be limited. Let alone getting employees back to work, as they sit collecting federal money.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
New York post says traffic deaths were up right in the headline look it up. I know I heard way up on the news but I see it’s like 12-13% over a couple month period.
What is the difference between a death and a fatality? I am not seeing that distinguished in the article. Seems interesting
One is from the car accident the other is from Covid. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
In her latest Royal Decree, the dark cloud of new variants of the virus coming into the state was brought up, so ask yourself what those odds are

And no, I didn't watch the speech, so I have no idea what the gyrations the "signer behind her" was going through for that tidbit. Hopefully a fickle finger of fate!

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Sounds like indoor dining to resume in New York, and Chicago, I hope Gretch does the same. Funny now they say they should open because its bad for the economy to stay closed. Where have we heard that before. Now we need to get the kids back in school sounds like they have been in school since August in Florida and it worked pretty good.
And the bars and restaurants (and everything else) are wide open and they still have a 1/3 less deaths per 100k than Michigan.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
And they have more cases right now.

Do you recall where it hit hardest first?
They also have over twice the population

You mean of Michigan or Florida? I was in FL last March, there were cases in FL couple weeks before MI as I remember. It was bad enough that we left for home on March 15 instead of April 1

Edit

First case in FL was March 1, MI March 10

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
You mean of Michigan or Florida? I was in FL last March, there were cases in FL couple weeks before MI as I remember. It was bad enough that we left for home on March 15 instead of April 1
Michigan had an early case peak of 1,878 cases on April 3rd.
Florida didn't hit that number until June 12th.

Michigan had their 1st day over 100 deaths on April 6th.
Florida didn't have a day over 100 deaths until July 9th.

·
Super Moderator
35,143 Posts
I believe SS was talking NY
MI had it pretty bad (detroit) early on. Of course, NY did too.

Suggesting Ohio, FL, etc having restaurants open this winter and correlating that to overall deaths for the entire pandemic is a huge stretch.

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
I believe SS was talking NY
That seems unlikely -

And the bars and restaurants (and everything else) are wide open and they still have a 1/3 less deaths per 100k than Michigan.
1) The bars and restaurants in New York aren't wide open.
2) New York doesn't have 1/3 less deaths per 100K than Michigan - but then neither does Florida (Michigan: 143 per 100K, New York: 128 per 100K, Florida: 108 per 100K)

And they have more cases right now.

Do you recall where it hit hardest first?
They also have over twice the population

You mean of Michigan or Florida?

·
Super Moderator
35,143 Posts
And there is a lot more that goes into deaths than population. Its the demographic of that population combined with cases and timing of those cases.

We know how to better care for patients now.

341 - 360 of 585 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.