Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 585 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,184 Posts
Just added four more trolling motors to the bow of my boat just in case along with 8 new batteries.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
OK, I'll call you on this! Were was ANYBODY fined with multiple households in the boat? If the queen would have had her employees enforce it with fines you would have seen the practice stopped. Care to guess were the biggest offenders were? Put your knee on the rest of the state from the Walleye fisherman during the spring run downstate.
Closing a couple targeted boat launches would have been a whole lot easier on the DNR for enforcement. But trying to apply rational thought to an unnational order doesn't get us anywhere.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Plus the economy is wide open and running, where as for Michigan, not so much.

Actually, the cases per 100k are considerably higher in FL right now, but they’re still lower than 24 other states.
The states that are a mess right now are Arizona and California and a bunch more not far behind.
I should amend this to say that Florida is at 106 deaths per 100k, while Michigan is at 147 deaths per 100k.

All while Florida is open for business and Michigan is in a perpetual state of lock down.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
I was just in the most strict place I've seen yet. An eye check up. Couldn't even go in the door without calling first from the parking lot and answering questions. They touched everything for me except I had to handle my own contact lenses.
My eye doctor has been closed since last spring, nearly a year. He never opened all summer. I’d prefer not to leave him because he did LASIK and cataract surgery for me, but Doc, ya gotta see patients at some point.

·
Registered
413 Posts
As far as the boat law I'm glad they decided to allow motor boats just before the walleye opener. I was contemplating fishing out of my kayak last spring, glad I didn't have to. Now if we could only get Canada to allow us to fish the Canadian side of the Detroit River as long as we come in by boat and don't touch the shore we would be all set.

·
Premium Member
30,265 Posts
Reactions: DanSS26

·
Premium Member
30,265 Posts
No bars---drink at home
No gyms---exercise at home
Some of us are old enough to remember when there weren’t as many bars and restaurants. People weren’t as lazy as they are now and cooked at home instead of running to a restaurant all the time. The local bars catered to the town drunks. The only fitness center I knew of was Vic Tanny if you had the money for that. Smart people watched Jack LaLane on TV and exercised in the living room.

·
Premium Member
30,265 Posts
Everything should be opened up. If you're at risk or scared, stay home. More and more of us are getting this DemChina virus. Same goes for the vaccine. If you're at risk or scared, take the dope.
Yeah, you’re right. We have too many people anyway. It’s time the stupid ones did everything they can to get infected. Need to cull the herd.

Reactions: Gordon Casey

·
Premium Member
30,265 Posts
It's also theoretically possible to kill someone with a sharpened pencil... or a butter knife. Let's ban those too.
I haven’t heard or read that kind of deep end response since my father died, and I don’t miss it either.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Reactions: Far Beyond Driven

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
Got it. Just a WAG with preference given to what makes you feel good to say instead of using available data to make an educated projection.
There is no available data to make an educated projection other violation numbers.

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
One thing is for sure. The good bar owners don't waste good money hiring drug addled no talent hacks that call themselves a band.

You are absolutely correct.

Good bar owners hire sober bands that are cognizant of volume levels and don't drive away customers through ear splitting volume, while pimping bar specials and encouraging drinking (particularly of the specials the bar owner wants to sell).

Problem is, there just aren't very many of them out there (good bar owners AND sober professional bands).

·
Premium Member
9,466 Posts
I still can't get over the backlash from adults who can't seem to tolerate being inconvenienced in any way. Some try to hide this behind political antagonism. But they seem to put more value on what they deem to be a "normal life". Than they do the health of not only the public at large but their own households.

It's been a hard time for the service industry and in many cases they have taken it on the chin. But other examples of them opening against restrictions shows the same values problem. The thing is we have been aware for several decades that too much of our employment is centered on the service industry. So, this would actually be a could time to correct that issue.

241 - 260 of 585 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.