Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Hogwash!

Those few could have been fined/or shut down! HAD to shut all of them down is a crock.
Hogwash
It was more than a few, it's always more than a few. Remember it's the individuals that cause the problem, compounded by the owners not addressing the issue. They don't want to hurt their business......so it gets shut down and they now have no business.
So, who do you blame? It's easy to blame the Governor but who is the root cause of the problem.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Based on my experience in a band dealing with bar owners - the answer is no.

They're too drunk 24/7 to even run their business, they don't "feel" anything.
Years ago I was looking into buying a bar with my step dad. One rule we both agreed on was one of us would always be there at night and that person had to stay completely sober.

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
The basis was said to be gas pumps spreading virus. We know that isn't true.
No - the basis was lots of households mixing on power boats even though it wasn't allowed.

Because of the time of year in question - banning power boats banned about 99.9% of the multi-household boat use.

·
Super Moderator
35,175 Posts
No, same with those igloo joints
I ran out to cabelas last weekend for something to do. One of the restaurants nearby had a few of those things. It was a sunny day, and each of the igloos was occupied. It appeared pretty nice and warm in there based on clothing. Actually looked like something different and fun to do.

·
Administrator
26,677 Posts
I ran out to cabelas last weekend for something to do. One of the restaurants nearby had a few of those things. It was a sunny day, and each of the igloos was occupied. It appeared pretty nice and warm in there based on clothing. Actually looked like something different and fun to do.
Got a restaurant down the street with about 12 of those in their patio area.

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
Years ago I was looking into buying a bar with my step dad. One rule we both agreed on was one of us would always be there at night and that person had to stay completely sober.
You'd be one in a million.

Bar owners are, by far, the least competent/professional business owners I have EVER dealt with. About 90% are involved in some sort of illegal activity also, in addition to being alcoholics (and not the functional kind).

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
Multiple households were already banned.

Multiple households were already banned, and everyone was ignoring those bans, and the DNR couldn't keep up with fining people... so they banned motorboating all together.

...and why only motorboating? Because 99.9% of the boating being done that time of year that involves multiple households is motorboating.

It ain't large sailing yachts full of people. It isn't 3 households in a kayak.

·
Premium Member
28,111 Posts
And a reason why I will never go on a cruise. Disease equivalent of spending a week in a daycare facility (probably not exactly but you get the idea). No thanks...
On most cruises you can almost completely avoid ever eating at a buffet if you want... and I will admit that some of the cleaning is impressive - they empty, bleach all surfaces, and re-fill the pools nightly.

181 - 200 of 585 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.