Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess that the shutdown has been extended two weeks. My god stay home and don’t go to Meijers or Walmart if you’re afraid of catching Covid. What’s it going to take to end this BS? If you don’t want to go to a restaurant or bar it’s your choice. I know that I couldn’t talk my bride into going out so let the people make their own choice. We are killing those entrepreneurs. Many of them during the first shutdown spent money improving their businesses and it has come around to bite them in their behind.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Hell, I've heard of people not being able to have their spouse with them when they talk to a doctor about their cancer, but somehow the big box stores are safe.

·
Registered
35,303 Posts
It’s getting old that’s for sure. Vaccinations are taking place for 1A priority. 1B is ramping up this week which starts freeing up a segment of the population that’s at risk, able to dine out and mostly are not essential workers. We can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel but it’s still dim.

By St. Patrick’s Day many will be freely spending money in an open economy. Stay safe until then. It’s a year that we all want to forget. Dwell on the positive, the past is something you can’t change.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Border closure extended to at least Feb 21st now,and Ontario going into a Stay at home order for a month starting Thursday. Not too many difference in restrictions over what we have now,besides in school learning off for another few weeks,and shortened hours at some stores.

·
Registered
13,518 Posts
Ya know, if everyone would just stay home unless they absolutely have to go out, and wear masks (always) when they absolutely have to go out, and stop visiting with people they don't live with, covid really would die down. And then things could open back up, somewhat safely. But as long as morons keep not doing what it takes, and the numbers of cases, and deaths are still unacceptably high, then the Governor will be forced to keep restrictions in place. It is kind of funny that the people who whine the most about the restrictions, are the same people who are largely responsible for the restrictions being necessary.

You can thank all of the people who can't stop moving around, and can't wear masks, and can't stop visiting people they don't live with for this, and can't stop spreading covid. Put the blame where it belongs. After 10 freaking months of this, some people still aren't smart enough to figure it out.

I feel bad about bar, and restaurant owners, and workers. I worked in hospitality for years, and it is a tough business. But live people can find new jobs, and start new businesses. Dead people can't do anything. And we've got 13,000 dead Michiganders from covid, so far. I know they don't matter to the people who cry about having to wear masks, or not visit with people they don't live with. But it is a shame all those Michiganders died.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
I guess that the shutdown has been extended two weeks. My god stay home and don’t go to Meijers or Walmart if you’re afraid of catching Covid. What’s it going to take to end this BS? If you don’t want to go to a restaurant or bar it’s your choice. I know that I couldn’t talk my bride into going out so let the people make their own choice. We are killing those entrepreneurs. Many of them during the first shutdown spent money improving their businesses and it has come around to bite them in their behind.
I guess that the shutdown has been extended two weeks.

While nothing will be official until after today's announcement, there are several associations like the MLBA (Michigan Licensed Beverage Association) who have been telling their members to plan on seeing an extension of the current order.

We are killing those entrepreneurs.

You're correct. The number of people who express the same opinions as you did, that those who are afraid should hide at home while everyone else is allowed to go about their daily lives are the ones slowing the progress and in effect killing off many of these businesses.

Here's a couple suggestions if you are really concerned about the financial health of these business owners:

1st - If you are back to working full-time and at full pay, then take that $600 stimulus check and hand it directly to that bar or restaurant owner so they can meet their bills.

2nd - Try staying home yourself. It has nothing to do with being afraid, and you aren't going to lose your man-card if you can wrap your mind around the novel idea of a little sacrifice on your part.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
In other news, the MLBA did send out an email to it's members this last weekend to discuss an upcoming chance for bar and restaurant owners to apply for grants from the MEDC (Michigan Economic Development Corporation).

On January 14th, the MEDC will hold a meeting to finalize an application that business owners can prepare and submit to their local EDO's for relief. Unlike the prior efforts, this one will not be on a first come - first served basis, and hopefully will be focused on the businesses that truly need it due to being closed.

With the passage of the latest federal relief package, there are also opportunities to apply for new PPP and EIDL loans from the Small Business Administration.

As my business relies directly on the health of these types of companies, I will be spending the next week or two helping my clients with filing for these different programs. If you want to help, I would suggest that you contact your elected representatives (on all levels) and implore on them to do everything they can to insure the survival of these businesses.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
If you want to help, I would suggest that you contact your elected representatives (on all levels) and implore on them to do everything they can to insure the survival of these businesses.
It's easier to just sit on the internet and whine.....

·
Registered
912 Posts
The thing is the numbers are no different in states that have been shut down then states that haven’t. Open everything back up and move on with life. I’m not going to sit home because some higher power says it’s the right thing to do while at the same time they are traveling to their vacation homes, visiting salons, restaurants, and partys. Funny how their are sets of rules for certain people but not for others and this applies to many other things that have nothing to do with the virus. Get screwed. I work residential construction and have been in prolly over 50 homes maskless since the shutdown and only two people gave a crap. Everyone is over this garbage

·
Registered
429 Posts
The thing is the numbers are no different in states that have been shut down then states that haven’t. Open everything back up and move on with life. I’m not going to sit home because some higher power says it’s the right thing to do while at the same time they are traveling to their vacation homes, visiting salons, restaurants, and partys. Funny how their are sets of rules for certain people but not for others and this applies to many other things that have nothing to do with the virus. Get screwed. I work residential construction and have been in prolly over 50 homes maskless since the shutdown and only two people gave a crap. Everyone is over this garbage
Masks don't work if the viruse is on surfaces or in air you can be impacted thru your eyes. That is why areas that don't enforce masks mandates aren't any worse than areas that do. Other thing is on average a person touches their face about 16 times an hour. With mask wearing my bet is that has more than doubled. The added mask is annoying so you touch your face even more this would explain areas with the mask mandate saw higher numbers.

·
Premium Member
11,232 Posts
It’s getting old that’s for sure. Vaccinations are taking place for 1A priority. 1B is ramping up this week which starts freeing up a segment of the population that’s at risk, able to dine out and mostly are not essential workers. We can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel but it’s still dim.

By St. Patrick’s Day many will be freely spending money in an open economy. Stay safe until then. It’s a year that we all want to forget. Dwell on the positive, the past is something you can’t change.
My God, can you imagine the drunken mess that would be if it was all full bore by then!? Lmao

·
Registered
17,432 Posts
Hell, I've heard of people not being able to have their spouse with them when they talk to a doctor about their cancer, but somehow the big box stores are safe.

Brother's wife was pregnant with their first. Had complications and lost the pregnancy. He was not able to be there at any appointment.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why continue the shut down. I have heard that other states are open and there numbers are no worse than the states that have shut down, true or not I don't know. For the people on hear whining about if people would just wear a mask and stay it would subside. Well guess what even if this was true and I not saying it is, if people have not done it at this point what makes you think people will do it now. Do you have a plan or some sort of enforcement strategy to make this happen. At this point I see no point in continuing to shut down the economy.

1 - 20 of 585 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.