Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to hit the Huon this year. I went down to Delhi yesterday just to check out river near the rapids. Really beautiful down there this time of year. I wish I would have taken a camera. Can't wait for the ice to melt.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Can not agree with you more there Bud. I just hear the fish singing to me and those rapids with all of that pocket water. Soon, very soon lines will be in the water.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Im definately trying Wixom this year. Is anything going on at Flatrock yet?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Flat Rock is reduced to a trickle over the foot bridge...Very low...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When do bass usually start hitting on the middle Huron anyways. I'm thinking late April but not sure.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Ok Thanks Conner. Is the pond between the bridge and the big dam frozen solid yet? I always wanted to ice fish that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't think you will (should) be on the water till the summer. Recall that there is a bass season; starts 3rd Sat. in June.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I would think the backwater in the back of the park would be loaded with big gills and crappies...Just a hunch after reading a few different articles on ice fishing backwaters...:)

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Could be :rolleyes: or maybe not or maybe a toothy critter or maybe not .... I cant remember now:D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Can't wait for Stockerfest, under 1 1/2 months away. I am really wanting to get out, and the Huron is the only close option for me. When is bass season? I am so wrapped up with the trout that I have forgotten what the seasonal closures are for bass. I am going to look it up.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea Doodle, you're right. No bass till June. I'm just getting so pumped up to fish them that I forget about that whole season thing. Ha! I'm going to have to start ice fishing or something to tide me over the winter months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts