Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
161 - 180 of 202 Posts

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Food Fish Fish products Ray-finned fish Fin

Fished really hard the past 2 days sun up to sun down each day. 1-1 each day, yesterday the big buck hit a plug down low and today I got my first pin fish way up in Flat Rock on spawn. Had some company on the river the past week, tough fishing kept everybody else home today besides 2 bank guys.
Water Salmon-like fish Boat Outdoor recreation Lake

· Registered
1,925 Posts

· Premium Member
14,301 Posts
View attachment 877505
Fished really hard the past 2 days sun up to sun down each day. 1-1 each day, yesterday the big buck hit a plug down low and today I got my first pin fish way up in Flat Rock on spawn. Had some company on the river the past week, tough fishing kept everybody else home today besides 2 bank guys. View attachment 877504
Congratulations on your first pin caught. For toughing it out as well.

· Registered
360 Posts
View attachment 877505
Fished really hard the past 2 days sun up to sun down each day. 1-1 each day, yesterday the big buck hit a plug down low and today I got my first pin fish way up in Flat Rock on spawn. Had some company on the river the past week, tough fishing kept everybody else home today besides 2 bank guys. View attachment 877504
You're making it look easy. Nice job! I think you've got her figured out.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Hey!!! I thought you were a plug guy. Now you're hitting on waxies too. Nice job! I'm just gonna trade in my steelie gear for more bass stuff. Lol. I can't buy a steelhead right now.
I WAS a plug guy. These conditions this year made me adapt and learn new ways, become more versatile. It has paid off to go through the growing pains of learning how to use a centerpin and get away from the plugs. Don't give up on the steelhead just yet. Lol

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
View attachment 879009
1 for 1 this morning jig and waxies been taken the most fish for me this year. Got a new jig pattern that hasn’t let me down yet 7 times out with it and no skunks. Water is low and very little current in most areas. Fish bite like fishing still water.
Ive had similar results with the jigs last few times out. Out fishing spawn 5 bites to 1.

· Registered
4 Posts
Fished about 6 hours yesterday through 5 different spots, bank fishing. Not a single bite and was throwing what I could at them. Started in Labo park about 8:40am, moved to Dodge park after a couple hours, then to Flat Rock damn, then up to North fishing site in Lower Huron park and left by 3pm. Water was really low everywhere. Deepest area was a strecth in Labo it seemed. I did move around a bit, wanted to try out some different spots. Couple guys were dropping a boat in at Dodge when i pulled up and they headed downriver. Still beat a day at the office!

· Registered
360 Posts
Fished about 6 hours yesterday through 5 different spots, bank fishing. Not a single bite and was throwing what I could at them. Started in Labo park about 8:40am, moved to Dodge park after a couple hours, then to Flat Rock damn, then up to North fishing site in Lower Huron park and left by 3pm. Water was really low everywhere. Deepest area was a strecth in Labo it seemed. I did move around a bit, wanted to try out some different spots. Couple guys were dropping a boat in at Dodge when i pulled up and they headed downriver. Still beat a day at the office!
When I went Tuesday it was horrible. So much broken glass everywhere, don't know how I've never gotten cut from stepping on all of it.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Don't bother fishing above the dam for steelhead. There's a lot of accessable water from dodge park if your willing to walk and have waders. For some reason labo has not yielded me a fish in a few years, I do still fish it though when Im beatin the banks.

161 - 180 of 202 Posts