Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Don’t know if anybody saw but the gauge in Ann Arbor jumped way up last night and has stayed up don’t know If it accurate or not, no clue we’re the water would have came from it’s like a desert around here
Yeah wonder if some shelf ice got caught up in her. I was surprised at the amount of shelf ice flowing down the Grand today. That can’t be accurate, like you say no water coming down the chute anywhere around here.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Don’t know if anybody saw but the gauge in Ann Arbor jumped way up last night and has stayed up don’t know If it accurate or not, no clue we’re the water would have came from it’s like a desert around here
Well I got word the Huron did indeed come up 2 ‘. They must have let water out of Flook dam

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well I officially gave up Steelhead fishing in the Huron River!! I just am terrible at it it’s been probably half my life doing everything everyone tells me to do . And tried everything and even a guy called jiggin Bob took me in a boat to places he had been doing great at. But donut hole. I just can’t truly figure it out. So the fat lady sang to this fat guy!!! Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Well I officially gave up Steelhead fishing in the Huron River!! I just am terrible at it it’s been probably half my life doing everything everyone tells me to do . And tried everything and even a guy called jiggin Bob took me in a boat to places he had been doing great at. But donut hole. I just can’t truly figure it out. So the fat lady sang to this fat guy!!! Good Luck!
tis a bad season so far on the Huron. I haven’t even wet a line there yet.

·
Registered
982 Posts

I think a boat is the trick to steelhead out of the Huron. I did the shore thing for a couple years with only a single smolt to show for it before moving up here but we know they're in there. I'm pretty sure finding the holes is the name of the game down there and having a boat to access them is the key. On the other hand, you can find video of goofballs who don't know what they're doing pulling them out of places like Huroc sometimes. It's just a matter of luck, I guess.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Ann Arbor gauge has been reading above 400 going on 3 days now. If accurate that would be roughly 200+ what it's been flowing at since late summer. A much needed increase. Hopefully I will have eyes on it this afternoon.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts