Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
181 - 200 of 202 Posts

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Had a special guest with me yesterday, pulled him from the swamp and got my boat all dirty from the mud on his boots. 😂
The mud would of stayed stuck to my boots if your boat didn’t leak!

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Tough weekend on the Huron. Wife and I struck out yesterday afternoon, today I managed 1 as my buddy with me had no such luck. The 1 was a good one though, this center pin stuff is a riot. Jig loaded with waxxies got the bite today. View attachment 879789
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! What a great day out there on our Michigan Rivers!

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Nice hen posted on jan 22, definitely an above average size for the huron

Reactions: Levelpebble Angler

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Nice hen posted on jan 22, definitely an above average size for the huron
During the 10 min fight me and my buddy kept going back and forth on buck or hen. Even when we got it in the net and in the boat we were still debating. I gave him the fish cause he wanted it for dinner that night. After he cut into it he verified it was a male. Deceptively short beak on him. He definitely fought like an angry male, no give up in that fish and he gave me the best fight on the pin so far.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Water Sky Water resources Natural landscape Tree

Water Sky Water resources Plant Natural landscape

Been a tough few days between the weather and lack of bites. Fishing pressure on the river has been at a season low. 1 bite for me over the last 2 days and it translated into my largest hen of the season and on the centerpin. My buddy finally hooked up and landed a spunky little buck, only took him 3 times on the boat with me to hook one. Pink spawn bag took mine, pink jig took his.
Water Vertebrate Boat Fisherman Salmon-like fish

Water Tree Toy Personal protective equipment Recreation

· Registered
1,925 Posts
View attachment 881101
View attachment 881102
Been a tough few days between the weather and lack of bites. Fishing pressure on the river has been at a season low. 1 bite for me over the last 2 days and it translated into my largest hen of the season and on the centerpin. My buddy finally hooked up and landed a spunky little buck, only took him 3 times on the boat with me to hook one. Pink spawn bag took mine, pink jig took his. View attachment 881100
View attachment 881099
Nice hen, also smile on friends faces tells all!
I fished over weekend, one smolt, one lost adult after few headshakes on Saturday, one hook up Sunday, skip around 18-20” hit the rim of net and popped off. Wasn’t up set just glad to be out and explore new water

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Thanks for the report. Ya gotta love motoring along, and seeing a small branch sticking out of the water in the middle of the river. lol
Treachery around most bends on the Huron, especially this year. Its cool to watch how the river changes year after year and after high water events. New laydowns and old ones relocated. Recently, the heavy snow we had took some trees down along the banks.

· Registered
969 Posts
I was down there on foot this morning lots of crazy obstacles!!! Was waiting to see you or the toon come bouncing off iceburgs lol no luck fir me tried tots and pink soft beads im going to bust the shanty out this weekend and go gator hunting

· Registered
2,403 Posts
I was down there on foot this morning lots of crazy obstacles!!! Was waiting to see you or the toon come bouncing off iceburgs lol no luck fir me tried tots and pink soft beads im going to bust the shanty out this weekend and go gator hunting
Haven't been out since fishing the Grand two weeks ago besides a two hour adventure in the U.P. before a snowmobiling trip. Was wanting to leave off on a good note before getting back into the program after the cold snap. LPA's daily adventures on the Huron keeps me (un)motivated from spending the gas and the time dedicated to that river this year!

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Because I had been logging every trip into the great lakes angler diary I was able to figure out that since October 31st it takes me on average 6.8 hours of fishing to land a steelhead on the Huron.
I don't recommend fishing the Huron river for steelhead this season, especially if your tied to the banks. I have only landed 1 from shore this season, a skipper in early November.

181 - 200 of 202 Posts