Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of thread concerning steelhead on the huron down by flat rock, but do they get up to the ann arbor area? just curious if the are that far upstream. thanks

Dan

·
Registered
169 Posts
No, they stop at the Bellville Dam. Do not let anyone mess with you and tell you differently. That would have to be one hell of a steelie to jump the dam at Bellville. Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti are good for smallies and carp as well as a few pike/musky.

G

·
I was catching some 40# Kings at my secret spot under the Barton pond dam today.....yeah right I wish. There might be some 40# carp maybe but that's it. Anyways I was at Barton today and they were messing with the Barton dam. All the gates were open.(water seemed kinda low down at Flat Rock Sunday but not bad) I watched for a little bit but I couldn't tell if they were moving. I should have just asked the guy huh? Water was really clear and I managed to hook up with a nice 28 inch pike on a yellow Mr. Twister with black/orange head. Right as I reached for the jig the line snapped where he had the line in his mouth:mad: . I almost went in after him after he just sat there. I wasn't planning on catching a pike otherwise I would have had a leader or heavier line than 6lb XL, I was looking for some walleye that are supposedly in there. It was too warm of a morning to stay inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts