Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I watched an Elk hunt last night on the hunting channel. This couple took this guy out that had Cerebral Palsy. The guy had shot deer before with a crossbow, but never had shot a rifle. After donations and help, they had him set up with his wheel chair so that he could shoot. They took him out, three people, pushed him through the field, and set up a pop up blind. After it was was all said and done, his dream came true, shooting a great bull. It was really something to see, picking him up and carrying him over to his bull. Just thought I would write a little bit about it. Talk about a whole different hunt on TV. It really made me think of how fortunate we are to be able to do all the hunting and fishing that we do, as much as we do. It just made me realize once again, that there are alot of people out there that can't and never will do the things that some take advantage of, and it is sad when you really think about it. So many people go out, and have to shoot something, if they don't they get mad or unhappy. If they only stepped back and thought about the fact that the experience alone, to be able to be out in the field would mean the world to those that don't have the ability to be out there at all, let alone shoot a trophy. I will end it at that, because I could go on im sure but I just wanted to put some of my thoughts out there because of the way the elk hunt made me feel. I am very blessed to be able to do all the things I do, and its these things like we talk about on a daily basis here on the forum that I nor anyone else should ever take advantage of. Sorry about the length guys, the show really got me thinking as it should have.

Good Luck to all this fall!!

On another note, it was 47 degrees this morning when I left the house!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
thats beautiful. to any out there that know someone with a physical problem, you can do yourself no greater favor then to help them get in the woods. the feeling you get when they smile at you will explain it all.
I watched an Elk hunt last night on the hunting channel. This couple took this guy out that had Cerebral Palsy. The guy had shot deer before with a crossbow, but never had shot a rifle. After donations and help, they had him set up with his wheel chair so that he could shoot. They took him out, three people, pushed him through the field, and set up a pop up blind. After it was was all said and done, his dream came true, shooting a great bull. It was really something to see, picking him up and carrying him over to his bull. Just thought I would write a little bit about it. Talk about a whole different hunt on TV. It really made me think of how fortunate we are to be able to do all the hunting and fishing that we do, as much as we do. It just made me realize once again, that there are alot of people out there that can't and never will do the things that some take advantage of, and it is sad when you really think about it. So many people go out, and have to shoot something, if they don't they get mad or unhappy. If they only stepped back and thought about the fact that the experience alone, to be able to be out in the field would mean the world to those that don't have the ability to be out there at all, let alone shoot a trophy. I will end it at that, because I could go on im sure but I just wanted to put some of my thoughts out there because of the way the elk hunt made me feel. I am very blessed to be able to do all the things I do, and its these things like we talk about on a daily basis here on the forum that I nor anyone else should ever take advantage of. Sorry about the length guys, the show really got me thinking as it should have.

Good Luck to all this fall!!

On another note, it was 47 degrees this morning when I left the house!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Great post! I try to preach this on all the forums...When your sitting in your treestand just remember how good we really have it here in the great State of Michigan~

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great post! I try to preach this on all the forums...When your sitting in your treestand just remember how good we really have it here in the great State of Michigan~

Yes sir, that's a fact!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts