Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm not a realtor and I don't know the landowner. However, I'm posting this in this forum because it's not often that I see parcels of land come onto the market as hunting property that really are quality stuff. This one is, and besides, it is very close by my farm, and I'd love to see someone interested in deer management wind up with this piece. Here's the link.

http://www.donheltonsold.com/bin/we...AIL&listing_id=REATOP47931544&start=0&grp=ALL

I drive by this place all the time; from the road, you can see where the landowner has successfully established gorgeous stands of warm season grasses, and some coolseason grasses as well, surrounding a small restored wetland. It is very attractive, rolling land, located on a modestly-traveled blacktop road, and the deer density in this area is probably a bit higher than it is over at my place. I see pheasants on the roadside fronting the place with regularity. I could be wrong, but, based upon curb appeal, I don't think this one will stay on the market long.

Any MSF member that buys this place will receive a my free habitat advice, which is worth every penny.:D

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd be very interested in this property, but only if he has implemented the LBB system on it.
Dream on. You know full well, ninja, had LBB been adopted on this place that the asking price would probably be double what it is. In fact, because LBB has not been employed, this parcel probably represents a great value-enhancement opportunity.:D

Kidding aside, if I were in the market for hunting land, I'd be all over this one, at least to take a good look at. I just called the realtor, and, though it's not clear on their website right now, apparently the parcel is 98 acres.

·
Registered
26,738 Posts
Hmm looks interesting. Me and the rest of my knuckle draggin' buddies could really put a hurtin' on some button bucks on that place :p

Just funnin' ya :)

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
Last week I had the equalization office run a query of every land sale price in Hillsdale County over the past three years. In addition to prices softening there's been a stark absence of activity over the past year for rec land.

This land is in an excellent area, and I have no doubt that it's a fine parcel, but based on the actual sale prices that have been taking place it appears to me that he's at least $20K too high in terms of an asking price.

On the other hand, and all he needs is one buyer, and going into the fall would probably be as an optimal time as you can get to put quality hunting property up for sale. Regardless of what price it sells for, it looks like someone is going to end up with a great hunting property.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts