Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have friends from the military all around the country and I have multiple standing invitations. most want to go hunting, so my question is does my Michigan hunters safety carry over to other states? Or, do I have to take another hunters safety course every time I visit a friend in another state? thank you in advance

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I have friends from the military all around the country and I have multiple standing invitations. most want to go hunting, so my question is does my Michigan hunters safety carry over to other states? Or, do I have to take another hunters safety course every time I visit a friend in another state? thank you in advance
I have hunted Kansas, Illinois, Colorado, Wyoming, Ohio, Wisconsin, and have not needed additional hunter safety.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have had to provide proof of hunter safety and Michigan has sufficed every time. If you don't have your card. Contact the DNR. They can provide a new one.
Good Hunting.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
FYI, here in CO if you take your card into a CPW office they will verify it and enter it into the system under your profile. Then when you buy licenses it will show as "hunter ed verified" which makes it so that you don't have to actually carry the card.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The only thing you will need if you bow hunt in some states is to take the online bow hunting certification course for $30.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quite a few of the ones that require the certificate require the entire thing, not just the online. I did a quick scan through half a dozen of them just to verify things didnt change, and the only one that I saw different is Idaho. Thats why I said careful with that. Just want to make sure everyone does their research completely for the state they plan to hunt. (as they should anyways).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts