Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I understand the law, I cannot hunt deer from my house (domicile). Is this correct with a bow and gun? If so, can I hunt from my basement or garage since it isn't considered "living space?" I won't do it if it isn't legal, but man do I want to!

·
Registered
26,565 Posts
Fishfoote said:
I would think it would be a safety zone violation.
...as long as you have the permission of the land owner.....

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
BackStrap said:
As I understand the law, I cannot hunt deer from my house (domicile). Is this correct with a bow and gun? If so, can I hunt from my basement or garage since it isn't considered "living space?" I won't do it if it isn't legal, but man do I want to!
There is no law preventing you from shooting from your own house, basement or garage. The safety zone can be violated providing you have the owners permission. Obviously, you would have the permission to hunt from your own house, ;) so as long as you are not within the safety zone of a neighbor or have his/her permission, go for it. Your choice.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boehr said:
There is no law preventing you from shooting from your own house, basement or garage. The safety zone can be violated providing you have the owners permission. Obviously, you would have the permission to hunt from your own house, ;) so as long as you are not within the safety zone of a neighbor or have his/her permission, go for it. Your choice.
Thank you very much for the information and for cleaning up the thread. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
On a side note...I used to about die laughing to see a neighbor, sitting on his deck with a rifle in deer season. He had a great spot but, what I found so amusing was the fact that he was clad in orange from head to toe---on his deck... :lol:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
What made it legal to hunt from inside your home with a rifle was the tree stand law (elevated stand) until then you would have been breaking the law hunting with a gun from most any type of house.

·
Premium Member
12,816 Posts
Ok, its leagal to "shoot" from the house. If thats what you want to do go for it.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
If you would like to express an opinion about the legal methods that some choose to use, take it to Sound Off. If you comment is opinion that has nothing to do with the question it will likely get delete.

That is enough of this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.