Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Hunting dog question

1923 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Socks
Hello new to this forum and was wondering if anyone knows where I came get some tame rabbits. Need some tame rabbits to help train hank, my beagle/blue tick mix. From googling it it sound like I should get San Juan rabbits or giant Flemish. Anyone know where I can buy some I've tried Craigslist they just have lop bunnies. Also any advice on what kind of tame rabbit I should get or any tips or pointers would be great. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Have no idea where you can get rabbits.But that's one a really good looking pup ya got there.
Reactions: Reed
Dogs are cool.They learn fast and all they want is to make you happy.I have two of my own.They're just pets I don't use them to hunt.But I would bet they would catch on pretty quick.Hunting is in they're DNA.
Thanks. Yea he's got some cool color and characters to him. Honestly couldn't ask for a better first pet. (That I've owned myself while living by myself) almost 6 months old and he's never chewed anything furniture, clothes, boots, etc. got him when he was 8 weeks old and had him potty trained by 9 weeks old. Also learned to sit, shake, and lay down within the first couple days of having. Crazy how quick he picks up on things
Reactions: Reed
Now days micro chipping is a must.It's cheap and effective.When I had my second chipped I kinda laughed because the adoption fee from the shelter cost less.Her adoption fee was only $25.00.That included spay and all her shots.
I walked mine to a gun range.First I started out far away where I could not hear it.Every day we would walk a little closer and get a lot of treats along the way. Eventually we were walking around at the range.I don't know if it was my method or she is just naturally not gun shy.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.