Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got my 1st I-phone, Looking for hunting/fishing app's.

Is there a ariel photo/gps map for navigation ?

Please list ANY outdoor related app's you find useful.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I use accuweather for checking the weather. The past few days I have been trying to find a good moon phase app with no success.

I just realized that I was ZERO :help: !

·
Registered
576 Posts
Scout look is a good hunting site for moon phase ad all that but I think their app is only on android phones but u can go to their web site

·
Registered
978 Posts
Antler insanity and Trimble outdoors are my favorites.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's "iPhone", it's never been "i-phone". Internet searches will be more accurate when you use "iPhone".

I use:

+ MyRadar and AccuWeather for weather radar.

+ iSolunar for game times and sunrise/sunset times, etc.

+ MotionX-GPS for GPS that has an aerial photo overlay to mark stands and trails.

+ Ohub Campfire for browsing forums.

I'm going to look into some of the others people have mentioned, because these might not be the best ones.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
FishTimePro ($2.99) - does a great job for Moon phases, sunrise and sunset for any area. I use it for both hunting and fishing.

They offer for free, FishTimeLite. I used this for a year, no worries. Lite only can check on the specific day you are viewing it. Pro version allows you to look ahead to future days.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
It's "iPhone", it's never been "i-phone". Internet searches will be more accurate when you use "iPhone".

I use:

+ MyRadar and AccuWeather for weather radar.

+ iSolunar for game times and sunrise/sunset times, etc.

+ MotionX-GPS for GPS that has an aerial photo overlay to mark stands and trails.

+ Ohub Campfire for browsing forums.

I'm going to look into some of the others people have mentioned, because these might not be the best ones.
I'm curious why you need Ohub Campfire to browse forums. I can browse and post in them just fine using safari browser. Is there some benefit to Ohub?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ohub makes it easier to navigate, lists latest posts, responses to your comments. Don't need it but I like it

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Do any of the moon apps show times of moon overhead, moon overfoot, moonrise, moonset? I'm utterly disinterested in apps that merely give the "best time" or "major/minor" like the old paper solunar calendars did.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I Got my 1st I-phone, Looking for hunting/fishing app's.

Is there a ariel photo/gps map for navigation ?

Please list ANY outdoor related app's you find useful.
Trimble GPS Hunt
Navionics USA
GeoMeasure
Google Earth
Compass (comes with the phone, I think)
Flashlight
TrophyScore
Hunter's Vault

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do any of the moon apps show times of moon overhead, moon overfoot, moonrise, moonset? I'm utterly disinterested in apps that merely give the "best time" or "major/minor" like the old paper solunar calendars did.
iSolunar does all of those.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts