Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing varied calibers, with very limited variety. But finding quality 7mm Rem Mag ammo in 150-175gr range is near impossible. Remington factory ammo (yes, the new Premier AccuTip), Nosler or Federal seem to work best with Model 700's, but nowhere to be found. I did see a Winchester PowerMax 150gr box, but they don't pattern well.

Midway and other sites are out of stock, with no backorder. Never thought I'd see the day, even with ammo hoarding, that 7mm mag ammo will become a scarcity.

I've got an upcoming moose hunt in northern Ontario mid-October and need to get something soon.

Anybody seeing anything in S.E. Michigan??

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I saw 7mm at Sportsman's Warehouse near Oakland Mall. Call first to confirm.
I didn't see .450, which I was looking for....

·
Registered
36,741 Posts
Not many choices but enough to get you hunting.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
It does seems scarce. I’m sure Gunbroker has some. I went to a gunshow last weekend, they have about everything. Of course most show venders know the market, price accordingly.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I am just racking my head to try and find some .30-06 to sight my gun in and be ready for hunting season, but that doesn't look likely. I am almost to the point of buying a .308 so I can use something other than my .300Win of .338Win, but it looks like I won't have a choice due to all the hoarding going on. Good to those that have time to drive a daily route and have 'set-out' times figured out at all of the retailers, but I have to work all day. It is what it is though, and hopefully this to shall pass in the next 3yrs! lol

·
Registered
36,741 Posts
I am just racking my head to try and find some .30-06 to sight my gun in and be ready for hunting season, but that doesn't look likely. I am almost to the point of buying a .308 so I can use something other than my .300Win of .338Win, but it looks like I won't have a choice due to all the hoarding going on. Good to those that have time to drive a daily route and have 'set-out' times figured out at all of the retailers, but I have to work all day. It is what it is though, and hopefully this to shall pass in the next 3yrs! lol
You have enough choices to get you by until the supply chain refills.

·
Premium Member
12,997 Posts
Not many choices but enough to get you hunting.

I just used the link looking for some 06, Remington coreloc 109 a box. I didn't look to see what shipping was!

Reactions: sureshot006

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the ammoseek suggestions. They do have some 7mm mag, but everything is 150gr or less. I'm all set in the 150gr category and looking for 160-175gr premium bullet for moose. Even willing to investigate pricey Nosler 160-175gr; accuracy out of Rem M700 is superb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts