Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any body see the report on Channel 2 news last night about the hunter who shot 2 dogs of which were pets with buck shot in sumpter twp.
After the owner did an investigation of woods they found a fresh vodka bottle. That makes me angry, this is were the deer hunter stereo type comes in alchol drinking gun toughtin drunk who makes sound shots (I heard somthing so I shot at it) and this time it was a family pet it could have easly bean a person. Not to say a family pet is not important I would irate if sombody shot my dog. The police were called and took the bottle for finger prints and DNA. Hopfully they catch the wanabe hunter.

fulldraw

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
What I am tired of is calling these people hunters. They are common criminals, not hunters. Illegal bait pile? you are a poacher. Tresspassing on others land in an attempt to take game? Poacher. Drunk with a gun? criminal. Steal a tree stand? criminal.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is why I said wanabe hunters, a person who wants to be hunter but can not because of tha antics they do. I agree they are criminals and shoud be prosecuted to every extent that the law allows.

fulldraw

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
I agree...just because some drunk kills a dog with a gun, that doesn't make them a hunter. Is every person that wears camo a hunter?

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
..... about a month ago where a goose got shot with a crossbow bolt then another about a cat that got shot with an arrow. These situations are automatically associated with "hunters" and should not be.:bash:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I probably queered a sale for a salesman at a large well-known sporting goods store in downtown Marquette once upon a time. I was on the way to hunt with a friend, and I had forgotten some judo points I wanted to bring with me. I swung into L-----t's and went to the section of the store where their archery equipment was displayed. A young man was at the counter talking to a sales person, and while looking a new bow was informing the sales person of all the deer he'd "...stuck so far this season." If I recall, the number was three bucks and two does. I listened for a few minutes and butted in by asking, "How many of these stuck deer have you recovered?" Imagine my disgust when he said none.

I really did try--honest--but I just could not help myself. I told him if I was that bad a shot with a bow I would keep my mouth shut, and I certainly wouldn't be broadcasting it to the public (he didn't know me from Adam). I also said I would stay the h#ll out of the woods until I could take lessons or something to improve my skill level. As he was walking out cussing me, I said he was giving all hunters a bad rap.

I appologized to the sales person, bought my judo tips, and left. They were probably both glad to see me leave!

I agree: these are not hunters.

Good thread, Arch

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like the hunters that sneak on to my 15 acres I have behind my business. They shoot deer, take the meat off and leave the carcus' for my birds dogs to find and get into. My 7 year old Weimaraner never had seizures until getting into a carcus three years ago. They give all of us a great name. And I wonder why I can never get permission to run my dogs in someone's field.:mad: It the cause of years of misuse and abuse by others.

And on that shooting a dog point. It's crazy that I do not let my dogs run free on my own property during deer season for fear that someone might shoot them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts