Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,441 Posts
Ya couldn't JUST let me answer this in a PM , now could ya Paul??
Ya had to have me hang my @zz out for the whole world.
YES.
Looks like Humminbird has pulled manufacturing inhouse of the good ole USA and they are SERIOUS about kicking Lowrance off their high horse!!
THERE.
Is THAT what you wanted to hear???
The 900 series has many people IMPRESSED.
The new 700 series is going to be the "little brother" , something most folks can afford (I don't do $2500 all-in-wonder electronics!)
BPS:

987c SI

787c2

http://www.wmi.org/boards/electronics/index.html
has a bit of information to search thru....

USA Made & a nice warranty.... Ya gotta keep loyal to who treats ya best RIGHT E???

R
:evilsmile

·
Super Moderator
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Robert. Maybe I'll be a test crash dummy for them. I havent been able to kill my old 3D, might have to accidentally drop it in the drink this weekend.:evilsmile

·
Super Moderator
16,441 Posts
Anytime I can help - ya just holler Paul!
The 700's won't be avail. for a few more weeks yet - you can get ahold of Greg Walters @ humminbird ( [email protected] )if ya have specific questions,

If ya get one of these & "it doesn't work out" , I'd be glad to take it off your hands & beta-test it along side my LMS332c!!!
Best of luck W/ your choice...
and DON'T forget... you might accidentally use that 3D for a wheel chock & fergitz to pull it out when ya roll the truck FWD....
;)
LOL!!!
RAS
:D

·
Super Moderator
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That does it. I am getting one. I thank you Robert, my wife will hate you. ;)

·
Super Moderator
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to play with one sooo badly. I can see it now, that unit picking up a wolf pack of muskies in that resoultion. I would be too interested in watching them to cast.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Wow, that is really sweet. The one that came with my boat is junk:D

you guys got me thinking now!!:lol:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I've had my eye on this unit for a couple months now. Actually the 981C as I already have GPS. The ability to add a handheld if the fixed unit goes down is nice. That side scan would really give a lot of help in reading the rivers.

·
Super Moderator
16,441 Posts
ESOX said:
I want to play with one sooo badly. I can see it now, that unit picking up a wolf pack of muskies in that resoultion. I would be too interested in watching them to cast.
The technology's really getting THAT good , isn't it Paul??

"...Oh yeah - I came to fish , not watch!"
:bash: ...:dizzy: ...:bash:

·
Super Moderator
37,764 Posts
sfw1960 said:
The technology's really getting THAT good , isn't it Paul??

"...Oh yeah - I came to fish , not watch!"
:bash: ...:dizzy: ...:bash:
Yep it sure seem to be getting that good.
Tightlinerods.com price on the 987C SI Is the best I've seen too.
Now to start groveling on the home front......:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::lol:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
well I couldn't resist. I bought the 981 model. I'm going to see how it works for scouting the rivers for chromers. I figure I can pretty much cover the width of a river with this sucker. I should be able to post results of it's effectiveness by maybe the end of Jan.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
DangerDan said:
I should be able to post results of it's effectiveness by maybe the end of Jan.
Please do if they are as good as they look I will have to get one ;)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
DangerDan said:
well I couldn't resist. I bought the 981 model. I'm going to see how it works for scouting the rivers for chromers. I figure I can pretty much cover the width of a river with this sucker. I should be able to post results of it's effectiveness by maybe the end of Jan.
Yes and if in case you wonerded FISH DOG Co. fit my bill. To be honest I have purchased all my goods from these guys and they are the end of the line here when it comes to buying goodies for fishing.... you'll see

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Dan,
You are not kidding, I have made a few purchases from them and those guys are great!! I even have a coupon to use, thanks again Mark!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
This unit rocks!!! I took my lil boat out today and played around with the graph a bit. I was really impressed with it's capabilities. If you can spare the change for this unit I would get one. If you can't.... Lie to her and tell her you needed new tires and a water pump.:evil: :lol: :lol: I posted the results of this unit in a thread in GPS/electronics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts