Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Go for it. Touchscreens are awesome. Humminbird makes you go to their top of the line units to get that feature.

These are a pretty good value at less than half that price, but the side imaging isn’t as good, and it can’t use the Lakemaster chips which are the only ones I’ve seen that are pretty close to the actual river bottom.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty good price Phil. Think I’ll start watching videos of different graphs. I’m a bird guy but never know

·
Registered
209 Posts
I only have the helix 9, but I love it. Side scan looks amazing and if you’re a techy guy you can get into autochart and 3d mapping, which has helped me understand current flows in the DR and some holding spots for eyes. Lots of folks are into garmin’s live scope tho, might want to check that out too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm Still getting to know my Helix 10 mega Si/Di Gen 3. Had to install second transducer to keep a bottom reading on plane. Not sure how much the SI has helped me catch fish.Huge learning curve. Only touched on the very basics of the GPS/Chart plotter. Plan on a lot of time getting to know the unit. Manual is several hundred pages online and not alot of help.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks like a neat toy, but dam. I can just see in a few years they will have auto pilot for your boat. Launch your boat, push the button on the way point you wish to go to and the boat takes you there.
Are you just being funny? I had gps based auto pilot on my salmon boat in 1998..... untie the lines and it navigated out of the harbor to my trolling routes. Now even the trolling motor on my little boat will follow depth contours on my graph.

You know better....you was just funnin' w us right?

If you don't have livescope and electric reels can you even catch fish?

In a few years, we will just program the truck & boat to go to the river, fish and bring the filets home to us while we watch from the couch thru virtual goggles.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Are you just being funny? I had gps based auto pilot on my salmon boat in 1998..... untie the lines and it navigated out of the harbor to my trolling routes. Now even the trolling motor on my little boat will follow depth contours on my graph.

You know better....you was just funnin' w us right?

If you don't have livescope and electric reels can you even catch fish?

In a few years, we will just program the truck & boat to go to the river, fish and bring the filets home to us while we watch from the couch thru virtual goggles.
Nope, I fished LSC for 3 or 4 years and never had a graph on the boat that worked, caught plenty of fish. Nowadays I fish from shore and not from a boat, still catching plenty of fish.

·
Registered
87 Posts
View attachment 764910
So my graph poonched out on me and looking to upgrade. Anyone rock this graph? Can’t find many reviews on this unit. But probably what I’m going with. Just hoping to hear from some happy customers.
Seems to be the same price everywhere. You never know which of those online retailers is reliable, but I can vouch for Hodges Marine, and they have 27 of those Solix 10 in stock. I just purchased another unit from them and they had it shipped within a day. Humminbird Solix 10 Chirp Mega Si+ G3

·
Registered
424 Posts
Holy crap , I guess I'm cheap too , I bought one of my motorcycles for that much. But it can't catch a damn fish , lol , enjoy your new toy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts