Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Humminbird Ice Helix 7 Chirp Gen 2 lithium battery replacement.

12K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  Papa Liver 
#1 ·
So I like my graph but the battery life sucks balls. Who has this graph and upgraded to lithium? I hear the Dakota batteries are good but I also need the charger too? Doesn’t matter if I need the charger I just want to know how big I can go and what’s the best you’ve found. Just in case I can fish more than three times this year lol. Thanks guys

#35 ·
Update: I bought the Dakota 10ah and have so far put about 7 hours on it, and my kid also put a few hours on it while he was farting around on my pond. Hasn’t came off of 100% yet. Taking it out again today after work for 5-6 hours. Def woulda killed my old battery for sure. Gonna keep rocking it uncharged and see how far I can go with it. But so far the best $100 I’ve spent. Oh and I kept my brightness on 8.
Glad to see yer still alive, haven't heard from ya!

#38 ·
Update: I bought the Dakota 10ah and have so far put about 7 hours on it, and my kid also put a few hours on it while he was farting around on my pond. Hasn’t came off of 100% yet. Taking it out again today after work for 5-6 hours. Def woulda killed my old battery for sure. Gonna keep rocking it uncharged and see how far I can go with it. But so far the best $100 I’ve spent. Oh and I kept my brightness on 8.
Once it finally dipped down from 100% did it go from 100 to 99, 98, 97 etc or did it go from 100 to 93 or something like that? With the battery that came in my Helix 5 it will stay on 100% for two hours or so then jump down to 93%. Then it will more accurately track how much battery it has and go down by a single percentage or two every 15 minutes. Curious as to what it’s like with those Dakota/Amped Outdoors batteries.

#42 ·
Welp decided to just go ahead and order one...gonna have to wait until they’re back in stock for it to be shipped but they gave me a free t-shirt for the wait so I’ll take it I guess :D thanks for the info fellas

#43 ·
#45 ·
Update #2: So had about 18 hours on new battery. Never came off of 100%. Happened to leave graph in my truck for 2 days so I decided I better charge it just to be safe since I plan on going today after work. Plugged it in last night and charger instantly went to green said 100% charged wtf. Doesn’t even seem physically possible. Even unplugged it 4 times just to make sure I had proper contact. Yup she’s legit for sure!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.