Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,363 Posts
I have read good reviews on both units (No combo packs though) , but why do that?
I know you wanted to get a SI machine, I don't know if you saw or read any posts of mine Chris - but I made a HB 798ciSI portable with a trolling motor dual beam puck.

If you have not - READ HERE: CLICK!"My portable 4000 watt GPS/Sonar"

For the kind of money that portable goes for - you could go either way - I like my setup a bunch , but sure wouldn't fault you for going either way.
I will have DI/SI on the front and the back of my boat!
:corkysm55
HB = good stuff.

;)
G'Luck on your choice!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the 898 this last summer. Now i want to be able to use my navionics and lakemaster chips which will work in the 55/385. Looks great since it will read both. With the 55/385 i should be able to have a ice flasher, excellent gps that will read both chips, and should be able to replace the 522c on the bow of the boat. I would like to know if this will connect with the terrova. I tried looking for info on this but came up empty. If this works i am just going to sell the fl-18 and the 522. It will be hard parting with the vex, but this seems to have everything i want with me on the ice.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,363 Posts
NICE. the SI/DI is the sH!zN!T, ain't it???

I too,had a hard time parting with my LMS332c - she was good to me for 5 years. but I wanted internal GPS so I could "have it all" on the ice.
I really don't have a need for a flasher - and both the 385 (and my 798ci ) have the flasher view built in them.
Personally - I would probably just go with the 385ci - but if you can afford it and it doesn't work out for you - you can always off the I55 and keep the GPS combo.
;)

LMK what you decide & post a report!

RAS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts