Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went 27 for 48 over six trips...mostly small fish...a half dozen or so were over 10 with the largest probably being 14 lbs. Thursday was wet and calm all day with action slow. Fri am was a wet start with similiar results. Fri night things picked up as we went 3 for 6 with some nicer fish in 90 to 110 FOW off the Big Dune. Sat am was best action in 111-115 FOW off Pine Island with glow Moonshine (Flounder Pounder was hottest)...headed out after "glow" bite to 165 FOW and found em at 171 to 177 off The Stick...4 passes resulted in 2 doubles and a couple other fish...Magnum black and Chrome Stingers with green glow on em @ 80 feet down on outside riggers...went 12 for 17 Sat and boated a triple...will try to post pics later as I start getting them back via email from the crew. All in all it was a great Hukilau Weekend. Big Man was the other boat in our crew...I'm not exactly sure of his crew's tallies over a simliar time frame...mopst of the fish they caught were larger than ours which tells me that a slower troll may be prodcuing some larger fish???...and then depression set in...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I fished with Big Man Saturday. We caught 3 in the morning, with two going about 12-14 pounds. The evening bite we caught 5. Only one fish in the box at dark. Having problems with two of the releases for the downriggers as they were old and worn out. The current down by the stick was ripping pretty good and fishing deeper than about 45 feet on the riggers was difficult due to the old releases popping often. Any way with two riggers released and it becoming dark we were going to just pack it in and then the first dipsey goes, followed by the other dipsey. As the first fish hits the net rigger number one goes, as the second and third fish get netted Big Man grabs the number two rigger and says "hey I got another one." We managed to boat all four. With all the lines in the boat and three of the four fish on the floor I try to motivate the gang with a glow those lures and get em back down! Not to be, the guys had had enough. We cleaned up the mess and packed it in. Two of the four were mature females that went about 12 pounds. Great weekend with the Duck Hunter and the rest of the gang. Thanks for a good time Doug. Let's go chase some perch on St. Clair!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts

Had a Great time, So many fish, so little time.......Thanks Dougy Fresh, Captain of the DuckHunterToo........Peace.

Mushy

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Here's a nice pic of some Success coming from the Big Man and Crew.....P.S., we had to lend a couple salmon to their crew for the Picture.....:lol::lol::yikes:

Mushy

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts