Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lived and fished in this area all my life, and never seen something so huge going after ducks.!

Ok, the Sterling Mall Dam, has been under - fished for many years now. And hit the bass, perch, blue gill populations HEAVILY.. and Ive noticed it has gotten out of control.. and pretty much all the large fish gone (eaten). Unhealthy eco system..

The lake trails back to a canal near Selfridge, and I'm assuming that's where the muskies cane from..

My friend and I, have been seeing these Huge Submarine shadows swiming around. And one finally jumped 1/2 way out when going after a duck.. Dimension wise, The front half, was 3 adult ducks long. At the gills, approx 1 duck high.
Half of it was still in the water, so it has to be 5-6 Long.!

This is so dangerous also.! It is a park and island also. But houses around it, and only use kyaks and small boats.!

PLEASE.. Come and fish here and get them.! Some of us in wheel chairs, this is all we got, fishing wise.. and make it safer and fun for us of all sgain.!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the dangerous comment? Afraid they will bite you? A little more clarification would be welcome.

Also, Welcome to the site

·
Registered
18,217 Posts
Lived and fished in this area all my life, and never seen something so huge going after ducks.!

Ok, the Sterling Mall Dam, has been under - fished for many years now. And hit the bass, perch, blue gill populations HEAVILY.. and Ive noticed it has gotten out of control.. and pretty much all the large fish gone (eaten). Unhealthy eco system..

The lake trails back to a canal near Selfridge, and I'm assuming that's where the muskies cane from..

My friend and I, have been seeing these Huge Submarine shadows swiming around. And one finally jumped 1/2 way out when going after a duck.. Dimension wise, The front half, was 3 adult ducks long. At the gills, approx 1 duck high.

This is so dangerous also.! It is a park and island also. But houses around it, and only use kyaks and small boats.!

PLEASE.. Come and fish here and get them.! Some of us in wheel chairs, this is all we got, fishing wise.. and make it safer and fun for us of all sgain.!
Get ya a salmon rig ,or bigger.
Hook a blugill above the spine with a quickstrike rig and float it under a avacado sized baloon.
Lock your brakes...set the hook on the take and have fun!

·
Registered
18,217 Posts
P.s. You need a muskie tag ,available at liscense point of sale at puchase time if killing one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoL people, I would Love to catch something like That.!

But with advanced MD, I have physical limitations.. I thank God I can still fish, even though I'm lower then the fence in my power chair, an my hands are weak and shake..

If anyone catches that huge one, post a pic.!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dangerous: A huge, 6 foot carnivorous preaditor fish, is dangedous.. Especially when no one even suspects something that large in there.. Ever watch River Monsters.? Just because a fish, doesnt normally attack in a group/ feeding frenzy like peranah.. Does not mean that, that behavior is impossible for them to exhabit..

Motor boats, etc.. aren't allowed on the lake. Only paddle boats, canoes, and kayaks (currently most popular)..
Carrying little kids and small dogs, dangerous if he sees a hand or either of those as food.. Knock the boat over. People also get on the banks with dogs, all if need do is take the dog, and the person or teen will get pulled in too..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Esox,
What I meant by unhealthy eco..

Any preditor, that is Not being kept in check, by something larger then them etc... Uncontrolibally Multiplies, to the point of eating themselves out if house and home.. And become desperate for food.. and will eat anything.. or starve.. The friend I was with when we seen the musky. Was a big game hunter..a legal one.. When in Africa, they were only allowed to shoot, animals whose population was out of control..

I remember years ago in, hmm... 70s or early 80s.. A friend of mine was a security guard at the mall, they were after a shoplifter.. They seen him run to the lake edge, go in, and was never seen again. Divers checked the lake and all that, found nothing.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I remember years ago in, hmm... 70s or early 80s.. A friend of mine was a security guard at the mall, they were after a shoplifter.. They seen him run to the lake edge, go in, and was never seen again. Divers checked the lake and all that, found nothing.
And you think a musky ate him? I'm loving where this thread is going.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Be very careful FGM. I'm sure I speak for most of the members, we don't want to see any bad news on the TV. Welcome to the site!!

Reactions: itchn2fish

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If you do decide to go after the big ones, make sure your brake is applied on your wheelchair/powerchair!!! There is no reward for the risk!!

Reactions: itchn2fish

·
Banned
19,364 Posts

6 foot eh? I need pics.

Granny, I think you need to stick to watching Wheel of Fortune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you jpmarkos... It must make them feel like really big boys huh..

I give up.. with the jevenile and ignorant and mocking comments like Jimbos and others.. it isn't worth posting here.. Grow up and actually use your brains..

Thought people would jump at the opportunity of knowing where muckys are..

And I would have taken a pic, but who knew.?? No one ever seen or expected anything in this lake like this before.!!!

And it would have come out blurry anyways, because I have shaky hands etc.. Wanna make fun of that too.?

Bye-Bye

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
6 foot eh? I need pics.

Granny, I think you need to stick to watching Wheel of Fortune.
That is just down right Rude of you to say.. The one thing I really enjoy, and that I can still do physically.. and your telling me to stay home and give up..

Only an ignorant twit would discourage a handicap person like that. I look forward to the warm months, because I can finally get out.!

How would you like to be Forced into being trapped in a small apt during cool, cold and rainy days and months.???

Bet you couldn't handle it, little man.!​

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
That is just down right Rude of you to say.. The one thing I really enjoy, and that I can still do physically.. and your telling me to stay home and give up..

Only an ignorant twit would discourage a handicap person like that. I look forward to the warm months, because I can finally get out.!

How would you like to be Forced into being trapped in a small apt during cool, cold and rainy days and months.???

Bet you couldn't handle it, little man.!​
Pics Granny, or it isn't real.

Actually I highly doubt your a Granny.

·
Registered
17,347 Posts
Any body claiming muskies make the water unsafe to swim is going to be questioned. I know of one attack and that may have been a pike. I'd let my 2 year old swim there any day.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts