Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on the Walleye Association tourney this weekend? I heard one is schedule, but couldn't get any details...such as where do I register, where do I weigh-in, what do I win:D

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
rob,
thunder bay walleye club is having a tournament on hubbard lake on saturday the 4th from 7am til 3 pm. i think it might be a members only tournament. you must be signed up at the south end ramp and all fish are being weighed in at the south end ramp at 3pm sharp.
i will make a call or two and see what i can find out. i didn't pay much attention to it because i have to work saturday.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ed! The membership should not be a problem, I still have a "members only" jacket in my closet from the mid 80s:lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
What do you win, you ask? You can win an all expense trip to hardwood point.....

How is everything at hubbard this year?

Rob, you catching anything?

Ed, how goes it, and what is this working on saturday stuff, saturdays were made for fishin' don't you know....

I got a pm for the ohio group today, tthey might be coming up later in feb.

Rob, Good Luck on the "Winning" thing, shoot I could win something too, oh yea I'd have to catch fish first......

Rick

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tourney or no tourney - it's going to be an all out war on my finned friends! I've suffered enough abuses this year..."you were gone all day and didn't catch anything???" Hey Ed - how did you do last weekend? You can PM me if you want, there are only a few of us left that will admit being outsmarted by the gilled creatures.:lol:

GREEN QUAD OR BLACK CAT DRAGGING THE FRABILL ICE CRUISER, A.K.A THE FISH BLOB:yikes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got this right from the Horse's mouth Romeo (TB Walleye Club) Tourney is Sat from 7:00 AM to 3 P.M. Cost is $10 and open to everyone that registers at the So. Shore DNR Launch and if not there before 7 He said he will leave a clipboard by some ribbon and you can sign up and pay later. Rules that were stated to me was it was winner take all. Now this is part that is sort of confusing. You can bring in 5 walleyes and total length wins. NOT weight of the fish. So if your 5 total 108" and thats the most lenght they win. Capt Ed They would like for anyone who is interested to sign up and also if not a member of the club maybe you would sign-up Sat. ;)

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wondering who's hitting hubbard this weekend? Encore - you've been suspiciously quiet lately...you out there slamming them?? How about some of you Lost Lake Woods guys????

·
Registered
237 Posts
Terry's coming...... now this will really scare the heck out of those gilled creaters. See you soon.

22 hours until departure

Rick

·
Registered
121 Posts
Could someone please tell me if there is snow on the ice, or if the ice is bare? I'll be up this weekend for a Super Bowl party and am trying to figure out which shanty to bring with me.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i will go along with the no or very little snow on the ice.

rob, are you going to come up on friday night. if so maybe we can all get together at one of the fine establishments around the lake. rick i take it you are heading up on friday as well.
i will buy the first round.

maybe hit the stone bar in case some folks who want to join us have not seen the new place yet.

rob,
to answer your question we just got those fish saturday out in front of my dads place in 25' of water on tip-ups.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ed,
Sounds good to me, start at Stone Bar.

Is there any bad ice from Rob's to the south end that you know of. I was thinking of unloading there and using the wheeler to find Glen.

See y'all in about 7 hours.

Rick

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We'll be arriving today from 6 to 10 pm...with me being the last one up. I can generally be talked into a beverage or two after driving 4 HOURS! See you in 13 hours:(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not to worry Rob, I'll suffer and have a couple of cold ones earlier for you, it's the least I can do:lol: . Shoot, if I wasn't at my desk I could start now for ya:yikes: .

Rick

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
woodsman rick said:
Not to worry Rob, I'll suffer and have a couple of cold ones earlier for you, it's the least I can do:lol: .
Rick

What a guy! Ice should be good from the cottage running south, but I'll leave it to Ed to confirm. We ran south to the hardwoods after the holidays and another group ran from north of the hardwoods to mud bay. I'm pretty sure the ice is better now than it was then. I'd keep 50 yards out from shore to be out of reach of any flowing wells/springs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts