Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its about time we finally hooked up with some walleye on Hubbard . :D After about 8 outings with only two walleye all year we went out yesterday and did great. Between the three of us we iced 8 eyes. Threw one back. Largest was just over 22" and the smallest was over 18". We also lost 3 others at the hole. They were all around 13-17 feet of water. Seemed like everyone around us was doing good. Only bad time out there was when some idiot ran over one of my tipups with a snowmobile before dark and kept on riding :mad: . And the lost tackle box didnt help either :(

Jon

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
jon,
glad to hear you got into somw fish, sorry to hear about the tip-up accident and the loss of your tackle box. if i hear anything i will let you know.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Good to see someone was able to corral the eyes! Me, Fish Factor and Back Straps tried out front of Sucker Creek Saturday morning and after a few hours slid across the lake to the southwest corner. We saw one fish caught on the sw and two on the se sides. Finally gave up south and jigged perch in east bay - lots of dinks. Have a few nice ones cruise the hole, but no takers. I'm thinking I'll give the jumbos another shot this weekend -

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FF,
You should have stayed in the South side of the lake. Went straight out from len and layne's saturday afternoon and did great. Seemed like everyone was getting a few. Also good t know that we left a few for this coming up spring.
Hey Ed,
You'd better hope i dont get to 'em first, come April. :D
Mini-Tournament anyone?

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts