Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

HT Nero Russian Convertible Auger

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WallyWorld 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I didn’t have much luck with my Nils orange auger. The drill adapter stripped out after just a few days of use. I went to bass pro and picked up the HT Enterprises Nero Russian Drill Auger. There are no directions in the box and when I assembled the auger for my drill attachment, it seems like the handle is loose on my Auger. I am not sure if this is supposed to be a loose handle that spins all the way around, or if it is supposed to be tight and they messed up drilling the holes. If anybody has any advice about this please help me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you so much for your input it is very appreciated! So you think it should be loose when using the drill and tight when using the manual. Because it is tight when using the manual, but the drill adapter piece that holds the handle on for drilling is loose and also spins all the way around. Not sure if that’s supposed to happen or if it should be tight to the auger.

Thanks again for your help, I hope you are correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#5 ·
The first time I used my drill adapter lt locked up at the bottom of the hole almost ripped a drill out of my hand and my wrist the new method was to lock it against your leg apparently someone has come up with the right response with the spinning handle when you get a chance to use this please respond let us know how it work

#6 ·
I’ll be testing her out tonight and I’ll let you know. I heard about it locking up at the bottom of the hole just before you break through the ice.

They only had 1 if these shipped to bass pro yesterday and the guy told me he would keep it behind the counter for me. Anyways, he did, and now I’ll be trying it out tonight. It was 135$ for the manual auger, Drill adapter, and and handle to hold on to. STEAL if it works! The only videos I could find on it were in Russian.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

#7 ·
I have the orange Nils and have drilled around 50 holes with it so far. I can't see how it would of stripped out unless the drill was loose while you were drilling. As with any drill adapter you need to make sure the drill is tight every few holes, there is a lot of weight involved and I think that drives it lose quicker than your normal drill jobs do. Also I would think that Nils would have replaced the auger for defect in workmanship if it did strip out as quick as you say. I had a hex adapter last year like the one you have now, and definitely had more issues with the drill loosening up on the hex adapter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.