1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
15 Boats were entered.

1st Gotcha 14.6 lbs:)
2nd Magic 10.6 lbs largest perch 13 5/8"
3rd John B 10.0 lbs

Perch were spooked, tough day. We found them early, pre fishing helped our crew. Honey hole gave up: 260 perch, 11 Walleyes fishing Friday, Saturday & Sunday. We kept about 75 perch on Sunday, with 11 fish over 11 inches, good enough for 1st Place. 17 feet of water between the Ruscom Tower and Stony Point.

The bite on Sunday was done by 8:00 A.M.

Nice job by the Tournament officials, Jeff, Leon & John.

Stange day on Saturday, caught about 100 perch before 10:00 A.M., switched over to gator trolling, took 9 walleyes before noon and headed home. Purple & Gold blades and bright pink on a hammered gold blade. Trolling speed, .09 MPH. Bass were on fire all three days. Must have caught and released 50 of those pain in the ass fish. Fun to catch, but not on a perch tournament day.:tdo12:

Captain Terry Novak smiled down on us and gave us his blessing. RIP my friend.:fish:

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Very nice gentlemen under some tough conditions from what I've heard is going on. I hope to give it a shot soon but it nearing the time of year that is not the best for Perch. I had a couple decent trips but with all I have going on this year I might have to wait for fall before I bring home any respectable coolers Congrats Gotcha, Magic and John B!!! :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
The next tournament @ HPYC will be mid October, keep an eye out for the posts re: this event.:fish:

Re: The question regarding the Ruscom Tower, it is referring to a cell/radio tower on the South shore, East of the Belle River.

It is a BIG lake, you have to do a little scouting. You have to meet the challenge, seek and destroy:yikes:

·
Registered
872 Posts
John, have herd that you are having problems, knowing you, you will overcome and show us the way before fall. God bless you and your family, take care my friend & we will all look forward to your post's with "full buckets":dizzy:

·
Registered
872 Posts
In the past, we have had as many as 50 boats in the Fall Tourney:

What can we do to bring it back?

What has to be done?

Boat inspection's?

Depart the same location?

Throw it out there, let's analyze it and make it better, ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.

Please: do not be afraid to post something?

We have done our best to prevent cheating, So if you think you have to cheat, God Bless your sorry ass.

Fall Tourney, Captains meeting, October 14th, Tourney, Oct. 15th, weather permitting.:rant:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Lower gas prices, turn the housing market around , and do something about the border crossing rules:sad:. I hate to say it but this isn't the only tournament that has seen this type of decline... Many have either shut down completely shut down or, like the MWT, been cut down to less tournaments in the series just to get enough participation. Once that happened, many just stopped going anyways because the payout wasn't paying the bills even if you win. If theres any way to stop people from having weddings and graduation partys every weekend it would probably help as well.:lol: If all goes well we'll see you in October. I'll try to get a few boats to join in.

You guys run awesome events and I really don't think it's anything you're doing wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Multi species
Not on same weekend of Duck opener
Pig Roast or BBQ truck
Put up a Facebook on the event
Kid's division I think you did this before

·
Registered
256 Posts
Had a great time fishing on John B's boat. It was a tough day fishing, but again, great time, great people, and good times at the HPYC. Had food after the weigh-in, and as always, ice cold Labatt's.:corkysm55

1 - 13 of 13 Posts