Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a 6 Rod Tournamnet, held on Lake St. Clair with the weigh in at HPYC, located on South River Rd, next to the Barge Resturant.

The Captains meeting will be at 6:00 P.M., Friday, June 22. Fish from 6:00 A.M. with the weigh in at 2:00 P.M.

Entry Fee is $100.00 per boat for four or less fisherman, limit 6 to a boat at an additional cost of $25.00 per person. Max 6, total entry fee for 6 people is $150.00. Note, late registration fee is $150.00 for 4 man team, late meaning to register at the Captain's Meeting.

Fish all of Lake St. Clair, NO rivers or channels.

Payout 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 50% for 1 st., 30% for 2nd and 20% for 3rd. Total weight of 6 largest walleye. In the event of a tie, the teams largest walleye will determine the winner.

Their may be a little Calcutta action at the Captain's Meeting.

Entry forms available at HPYC, or by e-mail.

Dick Graves

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dick,
We had a good time last year. You can count us in again. One boat, 3 man team. We'll swing by the club for an entry form.
Marcus.

·
Registered
490 Posts
This may seem like a dumb question, but the tourney will start on the 23rd, correct?:confused:
Mark

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:confused: Mark, yes the tournament will be on Saturday, the 23rd, start at 6:00 A.M., your cooler (with fish) and boat number must be on the dock and in line by 2:00 P.M. ( All will be explained and voted on at the captains meeting)

Marcus, welcome back, should be a good time, weather permitting.:fish: :fish:

Got the "Hooked Up" in last Sunday, what a hoot, two new batteries, new starter and $200 buck's to top off the tanks. I have the distinct feeling that I will fish a lot in Anchor Bay this year. Gas prices are downright ugly.:evil:

My pal from Canada says we are lucky, I think they are paying $1.25 per liter, ouch.:dizzy:

Dick

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike we had it set up on the calendar back in December, to follow your tournament, then you went and changed the date:confused: Unfortunately we could not change our date due to other function's at the club.:yikes:

Over & Out

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump back to top:fish: :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marcus: Have not been to the club in the last 10 days, business is keeping me busy, will let you know by Monday.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mschirr: No problem as long as someone is there to give you one. I will talk to Dan at the Barge Resturant and leave some fliers and entry forms there. There are usually members present every day after 3:00 P.M. @ HPYC.:confused:

Hope to have 10-15 boats, maybe more, never know, weather, price of gas, etc.:dizzy:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:fish: :fish: :fish: Bump :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:fish: Bump :fish: We have 10 boats so far. Captains meeting Friday the 22nd.:D

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Hey Dick, I understand that you will be running the tournament! Anybody that has met Dick will agree he is a good guy and this event should be a lot of fun. :)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
:yeahthat:

Dick does a GREAT job and this is a really fun and well run tourney!!!! Don't know yet if we are going to fish it this year though... :chillin:
D and L

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the kind comments, went out this afternoon and fished Anchor Bay, still have not convinced my self to buy Canadian license yet?:sad:

Fished around the C marker for some gators, zip, BUT managed to get one 40-45" muskie to the boat, duh, no muskie net, looked like a spawned out female, she took a "Gulp" pumpkinseed on a hammered copper and red harness, 3/8 oz. keel sinker at about 55', 1.6 MPH, unfortunately the photographer " my Mrs." missed the picture, before the harness let go. Nice fish:fish: Looks like a full blown fishfly hatch is going tonight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this open to the general public? I would like to get in if it is. When is the last day to regester, before the late fee applies? What are the hours to pick up the forms and do you pay when you get the form? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't fished a tournament in 15 years and that was on the St. Joseph river. I will be gone for a few days but will check your responce on Monday. Thanks Tony :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
tony1969 said:
Is this open to the general public? I would like to get in if it is. When is the last day to regester, before the late fee applies? What are the hours to pick up the forms and do you pay when you get the form? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't fished a tournament in 15 years and that was on the St. Joseph river. I will be gone for a few days but will check your responce on Monday. Thanks Tony :)

Does anyone know anything about this tournament?

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
tony1969 said:
Does anyone know anything about this tournament?
Yes, it is open to the public. From reading Dick's post, you must register before the Fridays captain's meeting so if you stopped by the club on Thursday, you could avoid the late fee or maybe PM Dick Graves for an explanation. The club is on South River road next to the Barge restaurant in Harrison Twp.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts