Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Union Lake area tomorrow and wonder if anyone has recent info for Union, Long or Cass Lakes. Haven't fished those lakes in years and am traveling from 90 mins away, would appreciate any updates you can spare!! Looking for best options but ready for Pike, Eyes or Panfish. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was on Union Sunday. No action. Was out from 7-1, moved around a bunch had a finder, couldn't even mark anything. Best of luck

·
Registered
66 Posts
I fished it Sunday as well with the same results...from dawn until about 3 multiple moves, multiple depths and locations. Had the camera and never seen one fish worth catching. It seemed that everyone out there never stayed in same spot long.
If your going good luck, I have been fishing that lake for a few years and it always seems to be feast or famine, mostly famine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For some reason I never catch anything but dinks out there. The only 3 perch I ever caught out of that lake worth eating was 20 years ago...and I'm only 28

·
Registered
671 Posts
For some reason I never catch anything but dinks out there. The only 3 perch I ever caught out of that lake worth eating was 20 years ago...and I'm only 28
Hey Nymph .... You should just go to the Saginaw River or the Bay .... The hour drive is well worth it .... Instead of wasting your time looking for Walleye around Oakland Co.... I know , I wasted a lot of time doing just that Myself , Now we catch walleye every time , Good luck

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for your input. I did fish Union Fri (1/30) and actually marked a lot of fish but the bite was almost non-existent. Best biters were dink perch from 4-6" (caught about 20). Fun/fast action but not worth keeping obviously. Did leave with one keeper eye about 16" and he was a real lite bite, thought it was another perch at first. It seems the bite is iffy everywhere except about mid-state lakes. I'm always looking for updates on any lakes in the area so feel free to leave a message any time. Thanks and keep drowning those worms!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I drive by this lake a lot on the way to others (im not targeting walleyes or perch so I rarely stop at union) and I can say I giggle everytime i drive by because short of a few die hards, and i mean very few..no one is on the water during typical target times..may be a reason for the slow reports. yet at 9+am the lake is full of shanties...just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts