Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read in several posts on people turning the control handle around on a stern mount trolling motor, How do you do it? Is it just a matter of loosening screws and turning? I take it you do this to give you more reverse speeds in back trolling?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You are correct. The head is usually bolted on to the tube with one bolt with wires running up the tube to the head. Undo the bolt and turn the head 180 degrees and you are all set.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Yep Hotwired nailed it. I had a MinnKota 30lb that I did that to. It was because it was designed to be a stern mount but I had a BPS Pond Prowler and mounted it up front. Plus that made it much better for cutting through the heavy weeds on the small lake I fished with it. I could tilt the motor back a bit and it would glide up over the weeds and cut them much more effectively.

John

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Good idea to mark the direction you rotated it. That way if you want to turn it back go opposite directions. Not doing so, and a couple rotations all the same way and you might be twisting the wires enough to pull them loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts