Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 68 acres and there is quite alot of wooded land around to hold deer but the problem is all the houses around the area that can shoot deer out their back doors. I have put in food plots but I can't control my neighbors from shooting everything that moves. Anterless deer tags are available in my county but it would be my opinion that my immediate area doesn't need a reduction in deer numbers. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
17,556 Posts
Talk to your neighbors. If you believe thet doe should be spared make a compelling argument. Do you know for a fact that they are taking doe from their windows? <----<<<

10,812 Posts
I have the same problem where I live in Washtenaw Co. I live on 39 acres and I think, at last count, I have 15 neighbors now that boarder me. I've tried talking to most of my neighbors, but I was met with complete risistance to any kind of strategy to at least pass up yearling bucks. With so many small parcels, and each one with a couple guys deer hunting on it, they whack the does (and everything else) exreemly hard every year. If it weren't for an anti-hunter down the road who owns a huge parcel and doesn't allow any hunting and my thick swampy property, which both serve as deer refuges, there wouldn't be much left in the area after all the deer seasons took their tole. In the meantime, I'll keep on passing up young bucks and likly won't shoot any does. It will take a DNR policy change on QDM to ultimately improve the situation.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
DNR RAP line

1 - 4 of 4 Posts