Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone tride to clean a perch in this fashion? Just curious.
I cant post a url yet. well anyhow, go on you tube and do a search for how to clean a perch in 10 seconds and watch the video.
Mooneye

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I do it with the smaller ones i catch, no waste. Although it does take longer than 10 seconds as you can see from the vid.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Thanks for sharing. "Sturge" from this site showed me a similar technique that we used on some LSC perch a few years back. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought his technique also removed the spine/rib bones.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thanks for sharing. "Sturge" from this site showed me a similar technique that we used on some LSC perch a few years back. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought his technique also removed the spine/rib bones.
WalleyeVision, if you can post an explanation of the method that removes the bones that would be great. I've tried this method but like to take the bones out so don't use it.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Spine and rib cage stay, just eat it like a piece of chicken.
With the kids eating I prefer to fillet and remove all bones. I'd love to see how to do something similar to the 10 second method that removes rib bones for the smaller perch but just can't figure how it is done short of cracking it open and peeling them out.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
All the meat will peal away from all the bones really easy after is is cook.
I wonder if this will work with Gills? I love pan fried Gills.

·
Premium Member
30,111 Posts
All the meat will peal away from all the bones really easy after is is cook.
I wonder if this will work with Gills? I love pan fried Gills.
My first thoughts also:) Grew up just scaling,gutting, and splitting down one side of ribs. Fry laying open, and peel out bones. Best way to get all the gill you can. I've come to eat fish without skin now, you could still split in half though. I'll try it on some smaller perch that seem to shrink when you get them home:lol:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My dad always wanted the bones left in when I cleaned fish. I'd fillet most and leave about a dozen for him. After they were cooked he would hook a butter knife blade near the front and lift all the bones out, and then eat the fish. I ask him why bother with the bones when you could eat the fillets, and he always said that they tasted better with the bones cooked in.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
My dad always wanted the bones left in when I cleaned fish. I'd fillet most and leave about a dozen for him. After they were cooked he would hook a butter knife blade near the front and lift all the bones out, and then eat the fish. I ask him why bother with the bones when you could eat the fillets, and he always said that they tasted better with the bones cooked in.
Same here!

My folks also like that there is less waste of the fish that way. You get every piece of meat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts