Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from the west side of the state. Did you guys get a lot of rain? I was thinking of coming over Sunday or Monday but maybe tomorrow if the rivers going to be high and muddy in a couple days.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Should be good still at this point, haven't had a ridiculous amount to be concerned with.
Might even bring a fresh run of fish in, I might try to give it a go Sat. or Sun.
Even if we get more rain today in the watershed, it will take a couple days to mess up the Saginaw River.
If it's dirty or not fishable upstream, start closer to Bay City or the mouth.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Wasnt bad today' slightly dirtier but still really good visibility and current wasnt bad with the south wind.

I would go sooner than later if you can. Tomorrow should be good still but no telling what the rain and runoff will do coming outta the tribs.

For outta towners... Would watch the charts and monitor reports before making a long drive this weekend.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wasnt bad today' slightly dirtier but still really good visibility and current wasnt bad with the south wind.

I would go sooner than later if you can. Tomorrow should be good still but no telling what the rain and runoff will do coming outta the tribs.

For outta towners... Would watch the charts and monitor reports before making a long drive this weekend.
what are these charts you speak of? I’ve never been on the river and trying make the 2.5 hr drive possibly Saturday. And if it’s trashed the fishing shuts down because of visibility??

·
Registered
656 Posts
Guys are talking about water being up to the docks at rust Ave. Really wanted to make the 3 hour drive to fish all day Saturday. Would truly appreciate any local reports!!

Thank you!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just when you plan to go the rain starts again. Frustrating as @&$! Hoping it settles by beginning of next week. Mother Nature must know my vacation schedule this year.

·
Premium Member
29,582 Posts
Haven't looked at any radar maps, but not alot in Bay City. Just a normal rain, no long downpour. Depends on what happened in a 100 mile radius and is dumping in from the Cass,Shi,Flint, and Titt(which includes Pine and Chip)..:lol:..Big drainage system, but as mentioned, if it's high in some of those streams, you can get a day or maybe 2 of decent water downriver in B.C...Once the water gets high down here, move back up to the convergence or smaller rivers. ;) amAlso watch the winds. A change to the north, bring boots for wet docks, along with the salt or sand for ramps.

·
Premium Member
10,455 Posts
Guys are talking about water being up to the docks at rust Ave. Really wanted to make the 3 hour drive to fish all day Saturday. Would truly appreciate any local reports!!

Thank you!
I was there Wednesday and the docks were great, out of the water by at least 6". One on south side was about 2 foot above the water line. I just checked the Tittabawassee river flow and it showed it was up about 6" yesterday however dropped back down and is rising a little now but not enough to bother the fishing. Should be good as I did not hear about any abnormal amounts of rain in any of the tributary areas that would affect it.

Good Luck. I will be over there on Saturday as the wind today scared me off. (30 MPH gusts can make it difficult for the drift and temperature)

Reactions: Downsea
1 - 20 of 26 Posts