Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you go out on a duck hunt, typically, how much ammo do you carry?

When I hunt the Bay or make a day trip to Lake Erie/LSC etc, I typically carry 2-boxes (50 rounds). I seldom, if ever, get into my second box.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I usually have 3-4 boxes in my blind bag. Rarely ever shoot more than 12 shells unless im shooting poorly. and i randomly throw a box into bag every week or so just to have the ammo.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I always try to have too much. Blind bag usually always has about 2 boxes of ammo. I've ran out of shells when I was younger and a poor shot, not fun.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I usually take a box at most. I figure if I can't shoot my 6 ducks with 25 shots I'm done for the day. This morning I only took 9 shells though, really makes you think about the shot.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Have an ammo box that holds four boxes in the boat + a bandoleer that holds a box...when the shell box gets down to two boxes, i'll get some more. Never need that much, but I never run out of shells either. It also comes in handy when people hunting with me might run low or forget thier shells

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
1box then a dozen bb for crippled birds the less I take the more I think about the shots I take.The BBS are great for crippled birds in thicker cover

·
Registered
246 Posts
I carry two boxes. Sometimes shooting at a crippled duck that keeps diving and when it pops up swim like a snake going across the water, I have used a few shell trying to get them.

·
Registered
11,979 Posts
I carry extra to sell to my buddy when he runs short....price really goes up if the shooting is good. I might even weasel a lunch out of it!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Two boxes of Kent #3s in the blind bag when I'm hunting puddle ducks, 4 boxes of #2s when layout hunting. Never even come close to running out on puddlers but have run out on all day layout hunts. Hate when that happens!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts